Word

By eliteslayer29 - 21/12/2009 07:04 - United States

Today, I sent my resume to a place where I hoped to work at. Since the job requires me to be doing work on the run, I put on it that I have a laptop. The only problem is that I always thought it was "labtop." I didn't learn the correct spelling until my daughter called me an idiot, she's 6. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 475
You deserved it 42 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's hard for me to believe you've never seen the word "laptop" before. How about ads? How about the side of the box your laptop came in? How about news articles? even television ads?

YDI. You should ALWAYS spell check a resume before sending it.

Comments

This is what happens when you never read recreationally. My advice, start reading books and newspapers and your spelling will improve. Also, I'm not sure "I have a laptop" is something I would have written into my resume.

catastrophicsock 0

Funny how everyone got so caught up with his idiocy that no one (besides you) noticed how it wouldn't even make sense to put "I have a laptop" on a resume. Its like "Woopty doo! You own a computer! So do most Americans now!"

My in-laws in a third world country have a labtop! LMAO!!!

grimmelok 0

This is why old people shouldn't be given computers. UGH.

NotEven 0

I doubt the OP is old, considering he has a 6 year old child.

Maybe this person is Arab; Arabs pronounce the P as a B, and they tend to write things the way they pronounce it :P

It's more that the "P" sound and "T" sound are non-aspirated in those languages. That is, when Americans and other English speakers (for example) say "to," a puff of air comes out at the "t", thus making it different from a "d" sound. The same goes for "P" and "B." I think I'm forgetting a pair, but I can't remember...guess I learned something from singer's diction class after all.

rofflewaffle 9

Lia, at first I thought your picture was of pubes. I need my eyes checked.

sistine_chapel 2

If the opposite of a laptop is a desktop and if you put your desktop upon a desk, where do you place your labtop? On top of a lab? That makes absolutely no sense.

Erniesduck123 0

Unless the resume was handwritten, it must have been typed up on a computer. I typed labtop in a Word document. The red line underneath it informed me it was misspelled. I right-clicked the word and it offered to correct it to laptop. At that point I probably would have second guessed my original spelling. I do agree with everyone else, I don't understand how the OP has never seen the word. What does the OP think a laptop is when they come across it in an article or see an advertisement on television? I feel like people who are terrible at spelling do very little reading and writing on their own.

"Unless the resume was handwritten, it must have been typed up on a computer." Holy shit, no kidding?

Could have been typed up on a typewriter ;)

I can understand not knowing how something is really spelled even when you hear it a lot. For example, when I was younger for years I thought light saber was lifesaver, lol. However, I can't imagine how you would never see the word laptop somewhere in an advertisement or something. You must not pay much attention to anything at all, so I have to conclude that YDI.

grimspook76 0

Congratulations, you're an idiot!

Furthermore a better term would be,"Notebook", as really thats what it was designed as originally! So yep you fail go BACK to the unemployment line LOL

kiasyn 0

They're actually called Notebooks because (men at least) can have fertility problems with extended use of Notebooks on their laps. I work as an IT consultant and I noticed the change from Manufacturers and Suppliers calling them 'laptops' to 'notebooks' and when I asked why this was the answer I was given.

EveryDayJackAss 0

..............go back to school

Hahaha forgive me for laughing...it's like my brother calling Valentines day "Valentimes day" Haha! XD