Wheeeeeee!

By womanoski - 20/02/2016 17:56 - United States - Fishers

Today, while taking a bus full of loud, rambunctious elementary children to school, the bus slowly slid off the road into a ditch. After waiting 30 minutes that felt like hours, I saw the tow truck arriving from the opposite direction also slide slowly off the roadway into the opposite ditch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 500
You deserved it 1 468

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Attacksloth 33

According to legend, only a tow truck worthy of leading Camelot is able to save the Golden Bus.

You hope the children weren't too rowdy? Who are you kidding of course they were!

Comments

quarterbird 18

At least they can't pin the accident on you for negligence or anything...

I'm glad everyone is ok! That's so scary. This is why I don't understand why buses (especially school buses) don't have seatbelts! Let's be so safety conscious that we make a bus stop at the train tracks and open their doors on the off chance a train comes and no one can see or hear it and the lights don't flash and the bar doesn't come down, but let's forget about having the little guys wear seatbelts when they're way more likely to get in an accident then get hit by a train! Makes no sense.

It makes absolutely no sense. I'm not a advocate of forcing adults to wear seat belts ( they get stuck really easy and I'm terrified of being trapped, no matter if there is any danger or not, plus I am an adult, I can make decisions for myself) but children always should. Their smaller frames puts them in more danger. My kids always wear their seat belt. I'd rather be a hypocrite than my kids getting hurt.

In California they're legally required (or were, last I knew), but a lot of people will agree that in a fire, they're more likely to cause problems than save lives, especially when there are special needs children involved who can't unbuckle and evacuate themselves. With the amount of padding that seats in a school bus get, they're actually quite a bit safer than regular cars, as long as, you know, the kids actually stay in their seats.

At least you weren't the only one who got fired that day...

I seriously doubt OP would be fired for an accident, she can't control the weather.