What the…?

By tor - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - United States

Today, one of my bosses came into work and told me that they had seen my dad's twin in the supermarket holding hands and kissing a much younger woman and her baby. My dad doesn't have a twin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 083
You deserved it 2 619

Top comments

Um.. I think he meant to use "twin" as a phrase. I.E, "you could be twins!"

Comments

Um.. I think he meant to use "twin" as a phrase. I.E, "you could be twins!"

I agree w/#2...most ppl don't just assume someone has a twin. Most likely they would be like "Hey, does your dad have a twin? B/c I saw someone who looks just like him"... not just embark on a full conversation about some twin they have never heard about before.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

This is more FML worthy than others I recently read... #3 fail

americayay 0

Agreed. I haven't read a true FML in a while. However, the OP is lucky that she's old enough to have a boss, which probably means she's out of the house or close to it.

May525XoXo 8

Um... you're not second smart one!

why would he assume your dad had a twin? lol

babybarb 0

Because maybe when the boss went up to greet OP's dad, the dad told him, "Oh no, you must be talking about my twin and his daughter, my niece." Duh!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I think the boss just wanted to break the news politely without directly accusing her dad of anything

STVader 0

Yeah, OP just has a really nice boss who breaks harsh news without causing a fuss.

Animati0n 0

Eesh. That's horrible! You should really tell your mom.

Mention it to your dad so if it was him, he can clean up his act. Chances are good that it wasn't, though. People don't pay as much attention as you'd think. They'll see someone who looks vaguely like an acquaintance and think it's really somebody they know.

littlecuntcats 6

Well, what if that baby was his kid?

larrycarrot 0

depends if he saw him from a distance then it must have been a look-a-like.

Calm down, it doesn't mean it was your Dad anyways. He probably meant it as a phrase. I also have at least one doppelganger I was told. I would mention it to your Dad, too. You'll see his reaction. You know, innocent until proven guilty.

long-lost twin? haha! or maybe it wasn't even him since he was seen from afar.