Violence is never the answer

By Anonymous - 04/06/2023 14:00 - United Kingdom

Today, my coworker warned me that if I made one more dad joke, she’d belt me with a frying pan. Alas, I did not believe her capable of such violence, which is why I now sit here with a bag of frozen peas pressed to the 3-inch lump on the back of my head. Plus she was sacked, so now I feel horribly guilty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 948
You deserved it 674

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I get tired of dad jokes too but that's not a reason to assault someone. Don't feel guilty, she made her choice.

That's assault, brutha. Call the police, and remember next time not to piss off the crazies.

Comments

Battousai124 6

Ermmmmm.... That is called assault, you should press charges. Just because someone doesn't like dad jokes, it's no reason to assault someone. She should go to therapy for this.

I get tired of dad jokes too but that's not a reason to assault someone. Don't feel guilty, she made her choice.

That's assault, brutha. Call the police, and remember next time not to piss off the crazies.

Frankly I think both of you were acting stupid. If someone repeatedly tells you not to do or say something that annoys them then you have to be either dumb, insensitive, or intentionally annoying to keep on doing it… At the same time, the person who hit OP way overreacted. There are no words that should justify a physical assault. It was stupid for them to hit OP, no matter how obnoxious they were being… Yet another FML where “adults” are acting like they are in grade school rather than on a job.

Why do you feel guilty for the choices that she made? You chose to tell another joke, and now you are dealing with the consequences. She chose to unleash her primitive side, and now she is dealing with the consequences. FYL, YDI and move on!

Maybe you can invite to your house to take a pea. Dad jokes become second nature.

I mean, yeah, okay, you could have eased up on annoying her with the dad jokes, but, like, that's a massive over-reaction on her part. Full-on actually assaulting you instead of a playful, joking tap or something? Like, yeah, she absolutely deserved to be fired for that. Probably have charges pressed against her too.