U-turn

By deweyd8855 - 03/07/2012 02:22 - United States

Today, I moved back home after unsuccessfully trying to find work in Florida, despite living there for nine months. About 45 minutes into my 18-hour drive home, a TV station called me to offer me a job interview. I applied for that job over three months ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 241
You deserved it 2 458

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What are you waiting for? Clearly the universe is speaking to you! Turn around and go back to take on this job!! Lucky you.

At least u have an offer now...with the way things are these days, you're lucky you got one.

Comments

lildups 0

Atleast you got an interview with some job!

Better than 17 hours in. You're blessed.

it sucks but at least you can have a shot now :)

So are u in Florida or at ur other house 18 hours away?

They're 45 minutes into the drive back home.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

14, if you're not going to bother reading the FMLs properly, don't ask stupid questions. Which are CLEARLY STATED in the story. :P

That seriously blows. Just think, atleast you weren't fully back yet. :3

monstersocks 5

It's now or never. I would say it seems like you're destined to stay there.

The good news is you were only 45 minutes into the drive. I'd've turned around for the interview, even if I had to get a motel room.

"I would have" it's three words. Not one.

31, contractions exist. Get used to it.

Like it or not, there's no point in being a grammar nazi if I made no grammatical errors. And correct me if I'm wrong, but you used a contraction in your comment.

And yet, it's still a perfectly acceptable contraction. I wouldn't have used it otherwise.

31 - You should have (or should've; take your pick) also used a comma and not a full stop before saying that it wasn't one word, but who's counting, right?

amak1228 3

You never know when there will be a turn over. Sorry you missed it!

How on earth did you survive for 9 months without a job?!

Should have stuck it out an extra day then.

My parents paid my bills when I was unemployed. Maybe the OP's parents were handing them cash. Like my parents were forking out over $100 each per week for me.

That's outrageous! Why should your parents pay your bills? You're an adult!

peachesncreem 21

OP might have some savings. I have "emergency" money as well as insurance to cover me if I'm ever out of work. It pays to think ahead.

40- To help him get back on his feet, maybe? That's a parent's love. And you don't know if he's paying them back. And it's not like they're going to pay his bills forever.