Truth hurts

By Unemployed - 28/08/2016 17:16 - Australia - Hinchinbrook

Today, I discovered that my supervisor, who I thought liked me, actually thinks I'm incompetent and lack emotional intelligence. I'm a student nurse and I've just listed her as my reference for our single, statewide job application. There's no way to change it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 786
You deserved it 1 293

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that is bullshit. Not telling someone that you think they need improvements in a region vital to their job is such a dick move. I really suggest trying to get help from someone that works in the application program and explaining the issue. I'd also seriously advise taking what she did up with her superior, because that was seriously inappropriate of her and almost sounds like she was trying to sabotage your career. It really sounds like she baited you into using her as a reference just so she could **** you over...

There's only one way out: murder her. You can't give a bad reference from the grave!

Comments

Didn't you think to ask her before listing her? I mean, I'd do all sorts of stuff for a friend, but when one put my name as a reference without asking me, for a job in which I was not qualified to recommend her, which meant I would have to bluff my way through any conversations with someone checking on the reference, I was so surprised I just told the absolute honest truth: I'm sorry I can't recommend her as a babysitter, I don't even have any kids to mind.