By leahneedssleep - 11/07/2011 10:53 - Canada

Today, trying to make a good impression and be helpful, I volunteered to look after my manager's cat while she moves house. The cat hasn't stopped meowing since he got here this evening, it's now 4 am and I have work in the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 504
You deserved it 6 736

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Put music on & wear headphones. There you go.

Comments

To people saying "just do X and it'll settle down"... it won't. Many cats can't handle radical changes in environment. Even getting lots of attention and treats and even having familiar people around, they can cry for days on end. Your situation sucks, OP, but you should've known what you were getting into when you agreed to it.

blacksswan 10

The cat is stressed. When you bring home a cat you do not set him or her free in the entire house. You keep them in a clean room with their litter box, toys, food and water for the first few days and than you introduce them to the entire house. You wanted to kiss ass. So suck it up.

give it some vodka to drink. maybe that'll calm it down.

meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow meow meow meow meow.

life2007 0

catnip... either calms them down or they act like they are on speed it'll atleast be funny then if it doesn't calm down

linnie_wesker 20

Not sleeping for ONE night is not that big of a deal. I've had insomnia for the last eight years and I rarely get more than a few hours of sleep a night and I'm still alive. Seriously, get the **** over it.

Someone with a normal sleeping pattern is used to that pattern, making it hard to adapt to the ways of an insomniac.

leave the door open when you leave lol