By shinee - 15/08/2010 16:05 - Singapore

Today, to be nice, I baked cookies for my step-mom as a birthday present. I burnt my hand while putting them in the oven, but I'd hoped it would be worth it. When she got home, I gave one for her to try. She took a bite, spit it out, and threw it on the floor, asking if it was a joke or if I was really trying to poison her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 397
You deserved it 3 627

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yarrachel 16

Wow, what a bitch, you should actually poison her next time.

Comments

Thats what you get for tickling her bum.

Brittney_E 0

just for that, i'd poison her. (:

I wonder why in fairy tales it is always the stepmother who is so wicked! I'm sure there r many stepchildren who resent an unknown woman taking their mother's place & make her life miserable. And why nothing about monstrous stepfathers? I guess 1 reason may b fairy tales in those days were composed mainly by women & these stories reflected their anxiety about dying & another woman taking their place & potentially abusing their children. See, even in those days women gave a pass to the men & reserved their hatred, jealousy & suspicion towards other women. Like in the other FML where the girl says "my sister cheated on her boyfriend by sleeping with my boyfriend" not "my boyfriend cheated on me by sleeping with my sister!"

Tl;dr As for the op taste them first if you did and you liked them then ur stepmom was just being a bitch and atleast you have cookies for yourself if you didint taste then then Ydi

cutehippie420 0

that happened to me once, except it was my stepdad. the cookies were awful though. I put baking soda instead of powder. he ate 2 just to be nice. I had one bite and spat them out myself.

pianogrl 0

I did the same thing with baking soda and powder. They were fail cookies.

sourgirl101 28

Just because you burnt yourself doesn't mean she needs to fake enjoying your nasty cookies. Learn to bake correctly or gtfo.

foxy1222 0

she's a step up from a bitch!

nikkkkkki 0

Gosh that's mean! If I were you I would think twice next time I was gonna do something for her.

Why is everyone assuming that the stepmom is evil? it could just be that the OP is a terrible cook. OP next time, try eating one of the cookies to see how it tastes before offering it to other people. It's not like it's a cake, and you can't taste it first...

Agreed. I wish people appreciated honesty a little more. If the mom had said they're amazing, the op would keep making them again and again. Not to mention it seems like she really did think it was some sort of prank and probably wasn't deliberately trying to be rude.

It's not impossible to taste a cake beforehand either. It's called making a cupcake with the same batter.

#120 is correct. You can absolutely taste the cake batter before it's been baked.

Evil stepmothers will always be evil. On the side note, "Shinee" as your user name? Guess we have a K-pop lover here (: