By thankyouforcalling - 01/06/2015 22:46 - United States - Bremerton

Today, the phone lines at work have been cutting out in the middle of calls. I'm a receptionist at an animal hospital. I now have less than two minutes to figure out what's wrong with a client's pet and how best to schedule them before I become "That rude bitch who hung up on me." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 319
You deserved it 2 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Explain at the start of the call that the phone lines are bad and that if it cuts out that you're not hanging up on them. They'll call back or at the very least not think you're a bitch :)

I understand how that is annoying, but at least you know that it will happen and you can tell your clients at the beginning of a call.

Comments

Explain at the start of the call that the phone lines are bad and that if it cuts out that you're not hanging up on them. They'll call back or at the very least not think you're a bitch :)

Better yet: after the explanation, immediately ask for their phone number and call them back after you got disconnected.

I understand how that is annoying, but at least you know that it will happen and you can tell your clients at the beginning of a call.

Today I called a animal hospital because my cat was sick and 2 min into the call the bitch hung up on me! FML

that's what is in the FML. so not very creative of you.

I know exactly where you're coming from, OP. I take calls for the technical support call center for Apple and it can be difficult positioning to customers if we ever experience issues that may affect the call flow. One thing to keep in mind is that you will have customers who will be understanding of the issues, and then others who look for any reason to be upset. As long as you're focused on helping your customer and let them know what's going on, you should be golden.

Get of your phone and back to work. Nah but just explain at the start of the call whats happening. Then **** those who don't understand

You're not going to be a rude bitch with the right explanation about that phone problem. Your clients will understand.

That sucks. Getting verbally abused over the phone. Fyl OP.