By rabidfairy - 13/08/2014 02:04 - United States - San Francisco

Today, the man I have been in love with for years came to me with a beautiful ring and a heartfelt proposal. Too bad it ended with an eager, "So do you think he'll say yes?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 406
You deserved it 6 116

rabidfairy tells us more.

yes, you are correct. we've been friends since childhood and I've always known he was gay. just my luck that my heart would have none of it :/

Top comments

Comments

What a twist! Though, if you already knew he was gay, you deserve it.

If he's bi, and you haven't already, you should let him know how you feel. It might not amount to anything, but if you've really been in love with him for that long, you'll kick yourself if you don't at least tell him you love him before he gets married.

Queen_of_Night 20

So, OP should attempt to sabotage his proposal? No. She's had long enough to tell him and now its too late. It's not about her anymore it's about her friend and his boyfriend.

I don't know about that, #96, if he's not interested then it's just clearing the air, and if he is then maybe she's preventing him from making a mistake. It's not like her talking to him obligates him to do anything, that's up to him.

Queen_of_Night 20

You said "If he's bi". Which would indicate that she has a chance to change his mind, OP has said that he is gay and has been since she has known him. You made no mention of just "clearing the air". Let me put you in that same scenario, you ask your best friend to help you with your proposal and they then tell you that they love you and have always loved you. How would you feel? You are about to make one of the biggest decisions in your life and your friend has made it about them. That's ******* selfish as hell. I have had friends make the wrong choice in their love lives. And even IF I felt that way about them I come at it as a friend, not as a potential replacement. If you are meant to be then you are meant to be. Things can go wrong at any time.

JCal585 8

YDI.. Why waste years of your life? Even if he wasn't gay, if he ain't interested, cut your losses and move on!

The deepest darkest area of the friend zone. You just got Doesn't-Like-Your-Genitals zoned.

Ignore! I just re-read it and realised that he is gay, sorry guys!

You didn't know he was gay? Also, this FML reminded me of that film with Jennifer Aniston.

Queen_of_Night 20

She's upset because she's been friend zoned.

afallingstar 22

Ouch. Hit double. Sorry OP but he was never yours to have in the first place...you're not his type.