By Anonymous - 14/07/2013 04:13 - Canada - Sault Sainte Marie

Today, some guys were doing construction on my house, when one of them came over and started asking me about my "hot sister". That "sister" is my 13-year-old daughter. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 073
You deserved it 4 427

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well... At least it means you look young!

Or it means your daughter looks older, is 'well-developed' or dresses inappropriately, or the guy has bad judgement... let's not jump to conclusions too quickly.... oh wait, this is FML, it's what people do here.

Comments

TheElBurrrito 21

Hey! Hit it before the hair does!

Looks can be very deceiving. Hopefully it's cause you look younger and not her looking older.

thrAsHeRr9081 16

I don't know what it is, but kids these days tend to look older than what they really are... It's the hormones in the meat ;-)

Helldemon 32

I would hope it's because the daughter looks older, because otherwise you are saying you're hoping he is knowingly hitting on a 13 yr old girl.

That's exactly what they're saying. He said kids look older than they are, and nothing about hoping to hit on a young girl.

I really hope you let them know she is 13 and you're her mother. If they aren't disgusting pedophiles they would have felt quite embarrassed.

Ugh, what is it with the terrible misuse of the word 'pedophile'?

CharresBarkrey 15

18 - Pedophile - (n.) An adult who is sexually attracted to a child or children. Sounds pretty ******* spot on.

Children =/= teenagers, mate. There's a difference in wanting to penetrate your 4-year old cousin (= pedophilia) or your 14-year old cousin (= hebephilia or ephebophilia).

Why the hell did you go with cousins here?!

If a 13 year old makes the cut as not childlike or a not a child, in relation to sex, then sure, misuse of the word. Buuuuuut legally, pedophilia as well as statutory rape even with consent, it's wrong with whatever you name it, honey.

graceinsheepwear 33

32, because bringing incest into the discussion always clears things up.

monnanon 13

actually 29 is right. while still called pedophilia in the eys of the law it is not actually pedophilia. pedo in latin is child meaning a prepubesent human. at 13 thr girl is no longer prepubescent but is going through puberty giving it another defination. doesnt make it any less wrong to be hitting on her though.

If someone has sex and is 17 or younger, they can be charged with pedophilism. While 13-17 may not seem like a child to you, you're not considered an adult until you're 18. Teenagers are children as well in the eyes of the law.

92, Although it's rare, it's still possible for a 13 year-old girl to be prepubescent

Zimmington 21

93- actually 17 is the age of consent in some states. Meaning no statutory.

monnanon 13

@93 i said in the eyes of the law so maybe try reading a full comment before you reply. as i already explained there is a seperate philia for pubscents or adolescents but for the law it is easier to make it all one crime. also the age of consent here is 16 so having sex with a 17 year old is just sex.

AboveAll04 14

he just wants to put the tip in ;) it doesn't even count !

I... don't have anything worse to say about you.

DrownedMyFish 18

19, Why don't you take a seat over there?

graceinsheepwear 33

Yeah, the seat right next to the officer's desk.

It's so hard to judge a girls age these days... But FYL OP. I hope you tell the workers that she's your underaged 13 year old daughter.

The upside is that you look young! The downside: she was your daughter

Whatever your daughter looks like or dresses like, a guy coming to you to ask about your "hot" relative is creepy and inappropriate in any case.

True. They're doing a job not socialising

Puberty hit your daughter quite hard if those men think other wise unless they are pedophiles that know better on the age. The up side is that you're not considered to be old looking, that can come in handy the older you become.

I was thirteen and guys were hitting on me like that too... *Wakes from drean* Huh what??