By Llamadroid - 22/05/2016 18:19 - United States - Los Angeles

Today, out of my whole class, I received no awards. All my teachers thought that I would get plenty from the others. Now people think I'm stupid. I have a 3.66 GPA and they won't believe me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 713
You deserved it 1 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your teachers should have coordinated that better tbh

don't let others get to you. you know you have good grades and do well, that's all that should matter. If you do start to get annoyed, show them your report card, then that should clear everything up!

Comments

it doesn't really matter, awards are superficial. You'll reap the benefits of your hard work in the long run, and that is a lot more satisfying. + nobody thinks you're stupid just because you didn't get an award :)

I had a 3.76 gpa and didn't get any awards... You shouldn't work hard for trophies...but for yourself

I feel you people think I'm stupid but I have a 4.0.

What exactly are all of you getting awarded for? Are these the type of awards people get just for showing up? Not to put you down or anything but a 3.66 GPA seems pretty average to me so I really don't know why your teachers are giving out awards.

what kind of shit school do you go to? I know kids who have 4.1 and get nothing

The same kind I went to I assume. Where the highest GPA a person can earn is a 4.0.

And I was pissed that my gpa was only a 4.0 which didn't allow me into BETA club, welcome to private school...oh how I miss public school systems where a 3.66 gpa is amazing.

I'm in a public school system and a 3.66 isn't real great. But I am in all AP classes and an extra science class for fun and have maintained a 4.25 so i probably am not a good example

Lol in my public high school you had to have a 3.8 unweighted to be considered smart

At my school we actually have 2 GPAs, one weighted and one not weighted. It's kind of weird for kids not in AP, but nothing my school does makes sense.

Don't worry, OP. They'll soon believe you when they're stuck working a dead end job in mcdonalds and you're rising your way through well paying jobs :)

I received one award in high school merely for being in the top ten of my class. I was third overall with a 3.99 GPA. I took all of the hardest classes and didn't just take "easy A's" like my two 4.0 peers. One of them is now an unemployed drunk - the other is a local tour guide eking through life. I'm not here to brag that I've done the best out of the top three but to reveal the real winner. He was man from a broken home and raised by his absent father in poverty. He had a 'C' average back then and was nearly held back his senior year. I will admit he had luck on his side but that wouldn't be enough without his shear determination to get himself out of his rut. Now he knows everybody and does whatever he wants whenever he wants. I'm sorry you didn't get an award, but you do not need one. Take what is yours - don't wait for someone else to give it to you.