By welp - 22/05/2016 20:22 - United States - Roswell

Today, we took an AP exam for Literature. One of the passages was about keeping in feelings in a relationship so that no one is "a burden". My boyfriend read the same passage and felt like he was a burden. I can't convince him otherwise. Thank you college board for endangering my relationship. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 081
You deserved it 1 170

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well. I have to say that it isn't quite their fault. All the while, that sucks. It does. But just tell him some good things about himself and I'm sure he'll get all proud and he'll feel fine.

So... He's burdening you about being a burden but you don't think he's a burden but because he does it has become a burden in the relationship all the while he is burdened by feeling like he is a burden. Wow

Comments

Well. I have to say that it isn't quite their fault. All the while, that sucks. It does. But just tell him some good things about himself and I'm sure he'll get all proud and he'll feel fine.

Just be there for him, he'll realize he's not a burden.

Mathalamus 24

eh, i feel the same way, and i stopped caring. try telling him that it doesn't matter if he is a "burden" or not. if you think the relationship is equal, then it is equal. maybe, if he wants to, he can do more things to help you out, to be less of a "burden".

So... He's burdening you about being a burden but you don't think he's a burden but because he does it has become a burden in the relationship all the while he is burdened by feeling like he is a burden. Wow

aconsultant 9

What you say makes sense, I think. I'm not smart enough to follow that though.

I'm engaged to my high-school boyfriend and we've been together for 5 years. Just because it's high-school doesn't mean the relationship doesn't matter.

Tell your bf he's being a burden because he's saying he is one

Why blame the college board for how he's feeling? Not to mention why try to change his mind on it?

Most people want their significant others to feel well, and convincing them they are not a burden because they are not a burden, only seems logical to me?

Um, are you seriously asking why she's trying to convince her boyfriend that he isn't a burden? Maybe it's because she's a good partner who doesn't want her boyfriend feeling like shit all the time, especially within their relationship. Who would want their significant other to feel like they're a strain and a bother? Unless you're like a really sadistic, terrible person.

woah. No talking about the content of the AP Exams!!! lol

That's probably because it was in AP Lang, not Lit.

tantanpanda 26

I wish I got this prompt for my AP exam.

It might've been on the make up AP Lit Exam