By Anonymous - 11/01/2013 19:47 - United States - Simi Valley

Today, one of my paintings was accepted into a local art gallery. It would've been a dream come true, had my "best friend" not submitted it under her own name and taken all the credit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 350
You deserved it 3 025

Same thing different taste

Top comments

peasonearth 8

You've got a shitty best friend there. Did you not sign your painting?

This is a case where you can sue.. She already showed she is a bitch and not a real friend..

Comments

Just do what all the giants do, legal battle ;)

Some damn friend! Don't stand for that!

perdix 29

Look on the bright side: your best friend thinks your work is great. You've got your first fan! Maybe the two of you could team up and you let her market your work. You have painting talent and she's a master in the art of selling. It's win-win! Worked for Cyrano de Bergerac.

Lizza330 28

If I were you I would go there with some of your art and tell them that she stole it, and then get the police involved.

That's crap, but if you really are talented, then I'm sure you will be able to get another one displayed at some point.

Nice sentiment, but there is absolutely no way OP should take this lying down. To OP's best friend: I really hope the five minutes hanging in a gallery was worth the amount of damage you're probably going to end up doing to your reputation.

Perhaps, so this never happens again, you should film yourself painting it, like some people do, that post them painting paintings on YouTube, you know? That way, you have valid proof you painted said painting, even if you didn't put your name on it. Just a thought.

Just have the art gallery manager sit you both down and discuss the painting in detail. The truth will come out

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong, but what was your friend doing with the original painting in the first place? Did you give it to her as a gift or did she steal it? I'm sorry OP, Hopefully something will be done. Hope you teach that bitch an art lesson: never to steal credit from you. ever.

You DO mean former friend don't you? I'd probably turn up at the art gallery with similar paintings I'd done to prove to the manager that it was in fact my work of art (if I were you).