By kekeroos - 20/05/2011 15:17 - United States

Today, on my metro ride home, I sat next to a woman who thought it was appropriate to continually scratch at her scalp and then eat her 'scalp pickings'. When I looked over at her hair, I could see scabs clumped together from her previous scratching sessions. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 097
You deserved it 3 260

kekeroos tells us more.

kekeroos 2

While it is a public system and I'm bound to encounter plenty of 'weird' people, I would still never expect a 50 something year old professional woman to be picking at her scalp and then eating whatever it is she picks out. And while none of her pickings ended up on me, one good head shake would have changed that very quickly. It would have been Christmas in my lap in May!

Top comments

Oh god am I the only one who felt like puking after reading that? FYL OP!

Comments

I think what she was doing was really gross, expecially if you got some on you, but you did luck out of that so thats not really an issue. The only thing stopping me from calling her disgusting is that I think it's along the same lines as biting your nails. I'm not saying its ok, I just dont think she can help it. People get those types of habbits to kinda vent without realizing it. Alot of professionals believe most people get those habbits after some kinda trama in their childhood. Like if you went through something really bad you could start biting your nails subconsiously and have a hard time stopping when you're an adult. It's been said to cause constant picking at skin as well as other issues...there are actually some people who will pick at their face and cause themselves to have cuts and scars all over without being able to stop themselves. She seems to be doing the same kinda thing, except to her scalp. Just be happy you don't have that issue, and you will probably never have to see her again.

cwmbear 0

What sort of pickle goes with scalp-pickings? Branston? gerkin? Piccalilli?

jdeshnerx3 0

eww I feel like throwing up now just discussing

I read this while eating crackers with sliced tomatoes....now I want to puke

lmaoatall 6

anyone up for 'scalped' potatoes? sorry op you had to witness that! usually I have a strong stomach, but that got my stomach rumbling.

jenaandtyler4eva 0

tell her to do that someone where private and not in public that is so gross

jenaandtyler4eva 0

Today, I read this FML and puked out my slurpee that I was previously drinking. FML.