By Anonymous - 01/01/2013 21:33 - United States - Carrollton

Today, my wife and I had a fight, which I thought we resolved. Later, while painting the kitchen, I told her to change into an old shirt she didn't care about. She made a huge show of putting her wedding gown on, veil and all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 233
You deserved it 6 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Octain 13

I don't think ruining it would be the best thing to do here... I could only imagine how she'd act after that.

Comments

shows how much she cares , hopefully it blows over soon and that your feelings weren't hurt too much .

This children, is the adult version of throwing a temper tantrum.... Though, my hats off to her for the creativity here. Lol. I'm also very curious as to what the fight was about.....

Wow what a way for her to go above and beyond to prove a point. Clearly OP assumed the fight had been resolved and well....Take it from someone who's been married a while, even if your spouse tells you they're fine or that everything is good, there will always be a 50/50 chance they are still feeling anger or resentment. Those that aren't married wont get it until they are in that situation. Although I feel she exaggerated, she's clearly still hurt or mad. Time to kiss some butt.

Maybe she meant that she doesn't care about the dress anymore because she doesn't believe she'll ever need to re-marry? Because she's happy in this relationship and believe it will last. Women are so hard to decipher, I can tell you that being a female myself.

Even if a woman remarries, she's unlikely to wear a dress she wore for her first marriage. I know that if I ever marry again, I'll buy a new dress. Why would I want a reminder of a failed marriage to follow me into another marriage? As for your situation, OP, your best bet is to ignore her. She did this as a big "**** you" because she's apparently still pissed.

pheebs314 17

Buying a wedding dress was so hard that first time... I say **** it and reuse it! Just burn the pictures from the first wedding! I would be surprised if the dress still fit properly after a certain amount of time. Mines a little big these days and would be a bitch to take in.

Shouldve came back with "I'm surprised you still fit in that thing." I mean, it might things worse though.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Lol eek. Careful, she might drain his engine with Draino or perhaps throw his clothes in the tub and pour bleach on them. Or maybe switch his shampoo with Nair.

Yeah if he's looking for a divorce, but maybe he love her even though they are angry and actually wants to make things work out. Not to mention that's a very immature response that's no better than her putting on the dress in the first place.

Obey_StudBoii 23

#55 Which response is immature?

vencku 13

Or just hand her a brush and ask her to start in the other corner. (Not the smartest solution, but I wonder what she would have done then.)

Obey_StudBoii 23

Lol note to self: NEVER argue with a woman.

Hell naw u can't all males got to do is lower their pride and let them win lol

Actually, I really think your wife is very funny and cute:)

skyenoelle 15

Did the crazy come out after you married her?

I think your wife is awesome and being a bitch at the same time. Best to just be the calm one.. Flatter her or be a romantic. Tell her something like: "Xx years since I saw you in that dress, and you still look gorgeous."

Or be mean and say: "Whoa, it still fits you?"