By Anonymous - 01/01/2013 21:33 - United States - Carrollton

Today, my wife and I had a fight, which I thought we resolved. Later, while painting the kitchen, I told her to change into an old shirt she didn't care about. She made a huge show of putting her wedding gown on, veil and all. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 233
You deserved it 6 544

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Octain 13

I don't think ruining it would be the best thing to do here... I could only imagine how she'd act after that.

Comments

You, my good sir, were wrong. The fight seems far from resolved. Just put the paint brush down slowly and back away from the dress.

man you are married and you still cant see that there are many fights with women that men have that seem to be resolved but aren't haha

jenniiienyc 5

I think she's brilliant. Clearly she held onto a sense of humor throughout the fight.

I think she's actually just being a crazy bitch

jenniiienyc 5

I guess I assumed she was making a joke, because that's what I'd have done. I think it would be a good way to make your significant other laugh after a fight, how could you take someone seriously if they did that??

eoko 12

Yes, because putting on a wedding dress when asked to put on a shirt you don't care about is "funny".

That is a cold joke to make to your spouse. He will remember this for a while, and it will probably have some deep seated reactions within their relationship in the future.

Satoaoi 13

That's when you take pictures and send them to your friends and family and make them see what a child she was.

pheebs314 17

What purpose would that serve? She's still his wife.

Yeah because that wouldn't be childish at all. What an even more immature response to an already downhill situation. Talk about throwing gas on a forrest fire.

TheDrifter 23

Bullies only stop when they're forced to. Unless OP wants a lifetime of these "our marriage was a mistake" mental games, he will eventually have to either stand up to her abuse our leave.

pheebs314 17

This isn't abuse. It's petty and a bit ridiculous, but sending pictures of her being childish to a bunch of people only serves to humiliate her. When you're married to someone, you have their back. You don't so that kind of shit or go out of your way to be hurtful. It'll all snowball from there and they won't get anywhere. They need to sit down and talk, not commit more petty acts of revenge.

pheebs314 17

What was the fight about? I can't tell if you deserved it or not from the info given... Although, I doubt you did. She sounds like she's being awfully melodramatic.

Even if there was still some hurt left from the argument, passive-aggressive manipulative behaviour doesn't exactly help. And it is a little melodramatic.

Yeah, she seems very immature and childish. Seems like she's trying really hard to piss off OP but he pisses her off by not caring.

It could have been worse...be thankful Miss Havisham didn't go brain ninja on you and say you're stupid like your father... :P

I think some people are missing the point here. She put the wedding dress on to paint because she doesn't give a crap about getting it dirty lol!!!!

pheebs314 17

Ooooh! I thought.... Well that just makes the whole thing clearer! Thanks!

Jordath_Fil 11

And what else were we supposed to think? Do tell.

"Oh, good! I always hated that gown. Glad to finally know you feel the same."

Yes, because one argument is totally cause for immediate divorce.