By dino0123 - 12/12/2012 17:51 - United States - Herndon

Today, my very cheap boyfriend of four years proposed. I was overwhelmed with emotion, since he bought such a huge, seemingly-diamond ring. I was later overwhelmed with emotion when my finger turned green. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 445
You deserved it 4 498

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kleider1 9

he might have actually saved up for it and gotten ripped off.

cablemirc 2

your cheap boyfriend is just that, cheap. and you know it, so take it or leave it, he is who he is. did you really expect extravagance?

Comments

At least yours didn't propose with a ring that cost $39.95 WITH a payment plan of $9.95 for 5 payments. Feel better? :) FML

Maybe you should get a new boyfriend?

Well that sucks. I know all these people are saying "It's not the ring that matters" blah blah but nevertheless, it'd suck. I'd rather have a really small real diamond ring than a fake big one. I'm about to get ridiculously criticized for what I said but I don't care. It's my opinion.

Lol... wow. You are getting married and you have the nerve to complain about the ring your boyfriend bought for you? Did you buy him a ring? How much money does he make, and how much do you make? Just because he isn't hell-bent on pissing away all his money on a piece of jewellery, as opposed to important things like mortgage repayments/rent, or perhaps saving money to have children one day, doesn't make him cheap.

OP, just because you're finger turned green does not necessarily mean he was being cheap. I've had people have the same problem with expensive jewelry, simply because they were allergic to the kind of metal in the ring. So, FYL for being allergic to it though... :c

alexc4_fml 2

You know what? **** you! You shallow, self-absorbed little bitch! What the **** is wrong with you? Your boyfriend just offered to sacrifice his whole life and spend it with you and you're griping about a little piece of jewelry? You think your life is ****** because somebody wants to spend their entire life with you? You ungrateful bitch. **** you!

You onto a winner there what a keeper you lucky girl you

All this talk of green fingers and copper is confusing me. I had a pure copper ring when I was younger, never turned my finger green.