By SadAndDeaf - 02/09/2014 23:38

Today, my sister introduced me to her new, deaf boyfriend. She proudly proclaimed that she was trying to learn sign language for his sake, so he wouldn't have to read her lips. I'm also deaf and have been trying to get her to do the same for me for 20 goddamn years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 735
You deserved it 3 118

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"So he didn't have to read lips." My guess is OP can read them too.

Comments

Wow! Sorry it took a guy for her to learn sign, I really feel for you, at lest she's learning tho right?

LittleMissShadow 16

Sounds like one hell of a sister.....

Teach her something like "**** your mother" and say it means "I love you", then sit back and watch the drama unfold as she puts her new-found knowledge to good (?) use with her boyfriend.

She's selfish .-. I would rather learn it to understand my sister than my boyfriend.. Sisters are forever boyfriends not always..

This, #37, is a stroke of genius. And it's something that I would have done if I had been in Op's shoes.

RedPillSucks 31

on the bright side, she probably wouldn't have dated anyone deaf if it weren't for you. So even though she's a bit shallow, at least she's learning

Wow. I rarely find FMLs that make me genuinely angry for the person involved, but thats so gross of your sister. For her only to be bothered to learn for her boyfriend, and not you? Awful. FYL, OP, and you have my sympathy.

My husband's friend has a girlfriend that is deaf and I took up signing so she doesn't feel excluded. Your sister is wack!

HJKM_fml 19

I get the same thing. My parents just tell me to turn up my hearing aids if I can't hear anything. Their excuse being they don't have time to learn.

I'm so sorry to hear that! Would make everyone's life more enjoyable and easier just to learn.