By Weasel123 - 26/10/2012 07:58 - United States - Anadarko

Today, my roommate decided to go vegan after watching a PETA video. She began this new-found lifestyle by throwing out all of the non-vegan items in the house, including some prime rib we had recently purchased, all of our ice cream, and my chocolate stash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 935
You deserved it 2 349

Same thing different taste

Comments

mariebc123 7

I've been a vegetarian for 5 years..I would never go vegan, it wont last long

I'd be pissed! Just because she's vegan doesn't mean you are!

HungerGames95 13

I hate the vegans that decide because they're a vegan everyone else should be too.

jecm 4

Oh hay no!! We would have fought if she threw my chocolate out!!

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You're roommate went way too far. Demand reimbursement for the items.

Orphans? No, PETA members don't care about people

You should get them to buy all new food for you. Just because THEYRE changing doesn't mean YOU have to. **** them!

I say that this is a hint for you to start packing up.

MidnightMusic53 37

I certainly hope you talked to her and told her she was way out of line, just because she's decided to become a vegan doesn't give her the right to throw out the food that isn't vegetarian-friendly. You have to eat, too, after all. If she continues to do this, just kick her out at this point.

bugmenotmofo 34

Chocolate and ice cream? Seriously? She's going to ruin her health if she excludes every product that is remotely related to animals (like milk, eggs, etc). Also she should pay you for items she threw out. I should mention that plants might not like being eaten either.

No, she won't necessarily ruin her health, veganism can be a perfectly healthy diet when done with proper variety. However, in this case, she's clearly and idiot and probably will get malnourished. Thankfully, plants lack the capacity to feel pain, and even if they did feel pain it would be in a lesser capacity than mammals, so it would be a 'lesser of two evils' situation.

How do you know that animals have a subjective experience? How can an animal feel pain without a mind to feel it?

Lock yourself in a small room with a cat. Poke the cat with a pointy object. When it has scratched your face off, do come back and tell me the cat was not experiencing pain, and therefore reacted not one smidgen. Pain is experienced by animals. They have the mind to experience it. If they didn't, when my cat walked across the still-hot cooker top (they were not allowed on the work-tops, she was persistent and irritating and she did it when i wasn't looking) she would not have reacted by jumping to the floor and yowling in pain. She also wouldn't have never, ever jumped on the counter ever again. Not only did she feel the pain, she remembered the pain, remembered what caused the pain, and remembered not to do it again. It's scientifically accepted that say, pigs, are smarter than dogs and cats, if a cat feels and remembers pain, your bacon did too.