By ihatemyparents - 22/01/2011 20:20 - United States

Today, my parents confiscated my iPod, because the parents' group they go to came to the conclusion that music is a gateway to anti-social behavior. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 478
You deserved it 2 733

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rockarolln89 0

anti-social? ...yea, that's why crowds in the thousands go to concerts, and why friends crank their favorite songs in the car and sing along with it... i'd vote fyl, but i think i feel worse for your parents... for being gullible, ignorant twits. so... f your parents' lives.

stephaniegeezy 0

Parents can be so idiotic. Fyl OP, I would hate to get my music taken away. At least you can sing in the shower or something. It's better than nothing (:

Comments

Wow O_o I guess a bunch of retards gathering their idiocy produced even more stupidity....

mintcar 9

YDI. Miley, Justin Bieber and Backstreet Boys shouldn't have been listed under " Nu metal. "

FYLDeep 25

They are probably all spooked about that Jared Lee Loughner psychopath. Just tell them that you're not planning on going on a shooting spree, and that there hasn't been any correlation found between music and antisocial behavior.

Start paying for rent, utilities, food and the clothes that go on your back you ungrateful ****. Your parents have every right to do whatever the **** they want, OP, because they pay your sorry ass through this world. Man up, get a job and start buying things for yourself so you can call them yours. 'Til then, get used to this, cause they have the power to make your life hell of a lot worse.

Parenthood shouldn't be about power and controlling your kin. I'm afraid for your children, with an attitude like that.

Hidan_fml 0

I bet your children will run away by the age of 10 and your wife will leave you 1-2 years into the marriage, and then you'll have no one to order around anymore and you'll be lonely and you cry all day and wither and die, you sad ****.

WallyTheWombat 0

You know your parents are legally obligated to provide you with food, shelter, and clothing. We don't know how old this kid is. He can be 12 and unable to get a job. **** his life for having gullible parents and **** whoever ends up with you's life. **** your kids' life too.

I_R_Genius 3

#15, you do know that if OP bought his stuff with his own money, legally it's his and it's in his poessesion (sp?). And if his parents try and take it away from him, it's called "stealing."

Divine_Right 3

#15 you're a ******* idiot. I hate when my parents throw the I should be lucky the feed me etc. I didn't tell them to **** and give birth to me.

How do you know OP didn't pay for it with his own job... Quit being a judgemental sociopath.

Start masturbating every now and then, infront of them, when they ask, tell them you've gotta pass time, and since you cant listen to music anymore, you had to replace it with something. Then they'll definitely give it back to you.

HarrietPotter239 0

That is the most reasonable reason to ********** EVER.

So in a way, it does cause anti-social behaviour. But in your parents...

Even if you buy your own stuff your parents can still ground you from them. That being said, if you always have your headphones on then they might have a point. If it were me I would just limit your ipod time some and make sure you have a family dinner, finished homework and exercise as well.

port5 0
port5 0
stormzaii 0

agree. if you are locked up in your room with headphones on 24/7, I'd take it too until you spent more family time.