By inappropes - 11/08/2016 05:33 - United States

Today, my mom got so desperate to find me a woman, she went to see a medium. I don't have the guts to tell her I'm gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 703
You deserved it 3 063

inappropes tells us more.

Wow this got posted. Ok so here is some background. She thinks I am bisexual. And is already wanting grandchildren. I am 24 and she mentions it alot. And I do want children one day....but that day is far off. She has 6 grandchildren from my step brothers but she really wants biological ones. About the medium part. Out of the blue she texts me asking if im interested in a specific looking woman, then tells me her medium said to be on the look out for her. I had no idea my mom believed in that crap. So I thought it was funny she went to one. She REALLY wants me to find a woman. Thanks for the encouragement and jokes. They brightened my day.

Top comments

Just be honest with your mother, it'll be healthier for both of you.

sophie0908 16

Just tell her. If she's that desperate to get you with someone she shouldn't care if they're male or female, as long as you're happy

Comments

He shouldn't tell her if his mom is homophobic until he is financially stable

Maybe ask the medium to tell her next time she goes?

if the medium is for real, he/she will tell her, talk to others and make a plan to tell her on your terms otherwise you will hsve to deal with it at the worst possible time when she finds out.

Lol 'for real'. You really think psychics exist? All they do is say vague things that could apply to anyone and then take your money for it.

@26 Psychics might exist but chances are high that they aren't the people making money off of it. I wouldn't trust a psychic because even if there are people who can see the future, the psychic I'd being paying probably isn't one of those people.

She probably already suspects - hence the desperation. Don't worry about having the guts to tell her - it's not easy even when you know up front that you have a supportive family and I am guessing that yours is not going to be happy about it. You'll come out to her when you are ready.

Tell her - maybe she will start going nuts trying to find you a good man.

That's ridiculous. Everyone knows mediums are for contacting the dead.

Wow this got posted. Ok so here is some background. She thinks I am bisexual. And is already wanting grandchildren. I am 24 and she mentions it alot. And I do want children one day....but that day is far off. She has 6 grandchildren from my step brothers but she really wants biological ones. About the medium part. Out of the blue she texts me asking if im interested in a specific looking woman, then tells me her medium said to be on the look out for her. I had no idea my mom believed in that crap. So I thought it was funny she went to one. She REALLY wants me to find a woman. Thanks for the encouragement and jokes. They brightened my day.

Grandchildren are grandchildren. She has six. Live your life on your timetable OP.

Hey don't call it crap Just because you don't believe in it

ok lol. go read some zodiac prophecies.

#35 if it looks like crap and smells like crap... It's probably crap.

Mustn't be a very good medium if she doesn't know you're gay ???

SWeasel 1

"Mom, I have something to tell you, but first I think you REALLY need to get your money back from that medium..."

Mediums will describe one part of a person/situation and watch your reaction. If it's a positive one they roll with it, if it's negative then they change their "vision" narrative until you respond positively. It's all smoke and mirrors, it isn't real. They just fish for info and tell you what you appear to want to hear.

That's a shame she doesn't see the six as her grand kids my older sister is my half sister we share a mother any way three precious angels my dad would take a bullet for because to him these are his grand kids even if they aren't related to him by blood he even made them all rocking chairs for all their first Christmas

we cannot let our reproductive choices be made by others. gay or not, it isn't acceptable for her to behave like that about your choice to have children. childfree by choice is an option. speaking from experience.

the medium was clearly not very good if she couldnt tell you werent looking for a woman

Maybe the medium will out you to your mother

I'm glad op's situation doesn't seem really bad but I also want to say..please don't push people to come out if you don't know their position or know it's not good. It can set you free..if it doesn't **** up your life. Safety over coming out. Be in a safe place financially and emotionally.