By Anonymous - 08/07/2012 21:03 - United States - Marinette

Today, my mom and I somehow got into a serious argument over the ethics of capturing and training Pokémon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 614
You deserved it 7 520

Same thing different taste

Top comments

FMLshark 12

She must be a supporter of Pokemon's PETA group, team Plasma.

Comments

FMLshark 12

She must be a supporter of Pokemon's PETA group, team Plasma.

Team Plasma? What kinda newfangled pika-shit is this? In my day it was Team ROCKET, and goddamned if I recognize anyone else!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
JKr3slEMO 5

32-agreed-_- I watched pokemon on the hub AND BROCK ISN'T EVEN THERE!! not only that but team rocket were dressed in black-_-

JKr3slEMO 5

and what's this about team aqua and team magma,galactic etc.!?

JKr3slEMO 5

actually I take that back not on the hub but on cartoon network...

I can't really diss Aqua and Magma, they're both semi-old too. But these new ones are some bullshit.

RocketNinjaFish 12

#32, Team Rocket is definitely the best! I like their old motto better than the new one. it's just weird now. "Prepare for trouble!" "Better yet, make it double!" favorite lines :D

I was calling them Team PETA through the whole game! XD

MrBrightside21 20

Ahh Pokémon. Back when having a Gameboy Color made you a badass. I was one of those badasses.

89: I had a Turquoise GBC, what about you?

MrBrightside21 20

94 - Turquoise. Definitely turquoise. It matched my eyes, making me a greater badass than most.

Inheritance 10

94- I had like a mix of blue and purple

I had a pikachu yellow game boy color.... It replaced my big brick grey one. And MAN!!! Seeing even just red was awesome! One color!

aznpiboy24 5

32 & 45- Pokemon Black and White are old, old games. You obviously don't know your Pokemon.....

#131, Pokemon Black and White came out last year. Pokemon Red and Blue came out 1995. Which one is the old game now?

juturnaamo 29

Isn't it weird that Game Gear had such comparatively amazing graphics but just completely folded thanks to Pokemon?

Daftendirekt1 0

131 what are you on? White and Black just came out recently and One Direction are the spokespeople for it (proof that Pokémon is going to the shitters)...

94- I had a purple one and a yellow one.

Purple, as well. :) Pokemon Crystal cannot, and will not, ever be beat.

Link5794 18

Crystal was my favorite, too. My GBC was bright green and my brother's was yellow. I have no idea who picked the colors. I don't even remember gettin the GBC in the first place, for that matter

I miss the old pokemon series. Only 151 pokemon to remember and i memorized them all. Now, pokemon is just a normal kid cartoon. Nothing special.

145 & 149 - Correction, they REMADE Black and White last year. Black and White were made a long time ago, but were recently remade. I could be wrong though, my friend told me this. ---Edit, yes, my friend was wrong. He told me he 'beat it' before it came out. I asked him and he said: 'Oh, I beat the old version.' I just believed him. Turns out, there was no 'old version'. My apologies.

Sadly now our world is all about Team Jacob! Team Edward! I dont want to live on this planet anymore -_-

You have a Pokemom! She sounds awesome :)

Without the tilda on the e, I read it as poke-mom xD

13- You have that quote backwards.

No matter how you look at it, pokemon is slavery. Beyond that, it's a legalized form of dogfighting, and, in the games, you win money for winning the fight, making it gambling, too. It cannot be classified as anything other than a horrifyingly cruel and inhumane sport that should never see the light of day.

Lichinamo 33

165-Are you a hardcore Christian vegan PETA member? I'm not saying I'm against Christians though. I'm being Confirmed this year. I just can't stand the major hardcores.

Such as what is the best starter type. Grass, water, or fire?

I don't see how it's an FML, training Pokemon correctly is VERY important!

cradle6 13

It's basically dog fighting.

It's not even close to dog fighting.

MrBrightside21 20

67 - It basically determines the rest of your life. If your combat skills in Pokémon were better than your fellow members, then all females became sexually attracted to you. Or they would make fun of you and make you sit by yourself at lunch because you still bring your gameboy to work.

cradle6 13

How is capturing animals and having them fight each other not anything like dog fighting? I mean, it's at least in the same ballpark...

Cause these animals have special powers and are only able to say one thing IE their name and their fake. That's another good point

And most animals can only make a limited amount if sounds, too. Which poke on sound a lot like. What's worse, the Pokémon have feelings, too. They're intelligent creatures. But they're still made to fight each other...for what?

A good trainer only has the Pokemon fight if they've agreed to it.

MrBrightside21 20

106 - Dog fighting is real. Pokemon is a game, with fictional characters and animals. Your argument is invalid because that is a lot like saying games like Call of Duty or something is basically murdering people. Now shut up before I get my level 90 MewTwo on your ass.

"Skyrim is wrong. All those poor dragons:(" come on now. Every game is fun because you get to defy morals, kick ass and take names all without leaving your room.

FeroniaMoonscyth 2

159 - What??? Are you telling me that Pokemon isn't real???????

106 dog fighting is killing the dogs pokemon merely "faint" or run out of energy and the pokemon have their choice in fighting and ya dude ur trying to create plotholes in a game that is basically a whole entire childhood for some people even a game they continue to play so of course theres gonna be dicks lile me who take your troll comment seriously but dude come on its pokemon

Legend has it, you can kill Pokémon in Black. /cue eerie music here. But seriously, it's a game. Don't take it too seriously.

Pokemon must be making a comeback .. ... Don't ask me why!!!

ChefPhilly 13

Your husband needs to shave his Molest-Stache

Why do you assholes have nothing better to do than attack someone that you've never met!!!! You're not married to him, so dont ******* worry about it!!! I love it & him for the last 20plus yrs, so go **** yourself!!!!

Yeah, now who's attacking people they've never met? You need some horse tranquilizers pumped straight into your empty skull, babe.

It's this exact reason that this site is not the fun light hearted site it used to be, is because of people like you who start attacking someone's personal appearance or character, just for kicks! It's not funny it's ******* ignorant!!! FYI I wasn't attacking anyone, I was defending my husband who I'm madly in love with! & I'm WAY above this petty bullshit!!!! & have better things to do with my time than defend my husband or myself to a bunch of rude morons!!!!

CoolRainbowdash 15

Someone just needs to calm the **** down.

dixiefoxx 22

43, if you had anything better to do, you would've just dropped it.

43: "I was just defending my husband" "I have better things to do with my time than to defend my husband" 1). Stop contradicting yourself. 2). If you were "way above this petty bullshit", you wouldn't be reacting like this. 3). The majority of the population on Earth attack people on their personality or appearance. Not physically, but mentally, verbally, or emotionally. It's human nature. Then again, what do I know, I'm just a chipmunk.

Eltacopants 0

When did it stop being popular? ._.

Ok ok, let's all take a step back and take a deep breath. In, out. Good. Now then... Babe7260 - The moustache comment was rude and stupid, but your overreaction was worse. Idiot trolls make stupid comments like that just to generate a reaction like yours, so if you don't give it to them, they lose.

FMMFL1992 3

This is why I don't put my picture. My mustache is worse. I'd always be getting attacked.

csschapker 1

It never went anywhere big guy

Hey, babe, can you say "overreaction?" Because you can sure display it. Why do you give a **** if a stranger anonymously makes fun of your husband's mustache online? Just make a smart ass comment back, such as, "Oh yeah? Well you need to shave the palms of your hands, you ******* neanderthal." Then get on with your day. Seriously, if you let stupid little shit like that get to you I feel bad for you, because it probably means you get really upset all the time, since daily life is full of such annoyances.

The_CL0GGER 0

46- your profile pic goes perfectly with your comment.

Pokemon never made a comeback. It was always popular.

86: Pokemon stopped being popular when they started making five hundred stupid ones that aren't based on anything. 151 forever, bitchez! (Okay, okay, I liked Gold/Silver too...)

23: You're a dick, bro. If this wasn't the Internet, I'd make you apologize.

I'd just like to say that there's really nothing wrong with the new pokemon in any way. Now, I'm not trying to say you're wrong for only liking old ones, what I mean to say is, the new ones are just as good (or bad). The only difference is that we were young once and have fond memories of pokemon when we were young enough to truly enjoy all of them for what they are. The pokemon today aren't what's different, it's you, me, and everyone else. We've grown out of our love of pokemon, some of us more than others, and what's left is the feelings we remember. That's why people who weren't fans in their youth rarely join the fandom. Because they don't have those memories. What I'm getting at here is this; you may prefer the original 151, or maybe all 649 appeal to you more, but don't hate so much on others because of what pokemon you like. If we look past our differences, we're all just pokemon fans in the end. We're all the same. Meowth even said a line about looking past our differences in Pokemon: The First Movie, as did Mewtwo later on. Disregarding another commenter is one thing, but disregarding that lesson is disregarding the very series you love and poke'fans the world over. tl;dr We're all fans here. Don't be a dick.

RocketNinjaFish 12

#122, I understand what you are saying and I agree, but you have to admit some of the black and white ones (vanilluxe, garbodor, etc...) are a little strange. That said, there isn't much difference between oshawott, tepig and snivy and charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. they're all cute :) on a completely unrelated topic, I love your picture! does anyone actually know what a diglett looks like underground?

madskittlesftw 5

Am I the only one a little depressed babe made her profile private? I wanted to see the picture...

alisidewinder 9

Someone needs to get off the Internet, clearly they can't handle it.

122: I don't mean to hate on fans of newer pokemon. I guess part of my frustration with new pokemon games is how little carry-over there seems to be between each generation. Of course, a bigger part of my frustration comes from having an adult life and therefore not much time to play games anymore. It's a bummer.

CoolRainbowdash 15

A true Pokemon fan would like all the generations.

I don't see how this is an FML. You're mom is ******* AWESOME!

Fun fact: Studies have shown that Pokémon have a tendency for showing symptoms of Stockholm Syndrome.

Clearly, Ash is the most ethical pokémon trainer.

You forgot about GARY MOTHER ******* OAK.

Zimmington 21

27- Gary Oak was the most unethical trainer!! He treated his Pokémon like shit!!

7 hmmm Pokémon Soul Silver makes me believe that Red the Pokémon trainer is pretty ethical. After all he disbanded team rocket apparently.

Now they don't have Brock to *** all the choke nurses he meets

Believe it or not, pressing A doesn't do shit.

RocketNinjaFish 12

#8 it may not do anything, but it makes me feel better knowing I tried :)

Lies! Stop spreading these filthy lies!

well duh, you mash B and the D-pad for the best results. gawd

I agree with 113. I mashed the shit outta that B button until I had to buy a new Gameboy....

CallMeMcFeelii 13

That's awesome how your mom even knows how to catch Pokemon. Win for you.