By ali456 - 01/12/2013 15:16 - United Kingdom - Dudley

Today, my fiancé left me waiting at the train station for two and a half hours because he offered his ex-girlfriend a lift to her friends wedding that was a few cities away. I normally wouldn't have minded, but I'm 6 months pregnant and it was pouring with rain. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 889
You deserved it 5 674

ali456 tells us more.

For those who are saying what he did was 'quite fishy', I have to agree. His excuse was, and I quote, "I only realised I had to pick you up half way through the journey, and there was no point turning back". I'm currently not speaking to him, for pretty obvious reasons, and he's now staying at his parents house. The reason I 'normally wouldn't have minded' is because if I wasn't pregnant, and if it wasn't raining, I easily could've caught the bus or walked home and sorted him out afterwards! He is also friends with his ex, and I've met her and spoken to her on quite casual terms before. And for the people who called me a 'chump' and said that I 'shouldn't have gotten pregnant in the first place', thank you - I'll keep it in mind for next time!

Top comments

Wow he just sounds like an inconsiderate asshole...

evan_7899 28

That's terrible, people like that are not worht your time OP

Comments

cookie1207 19

What a dushbag! Not of my business but he shouldnt be talking to his ex or at least putting her before you. If you dont want to dump him, at least flick each one of his testicles real hard! He ******* deserves it!

Lady I don't believe that you would normally be okay waiting 6 hours for your boyfriend to pick you up. What a load of crap.

Maybe it's me & I'm too nice to say YDI--ordinarily you wouldn't mind him chauffeuring his ex??? Wow...

No, normally I wouldn't stand waiting for him in the pouring rain.

Take care of yourself and baby. I'm just old fashioned--I don't believe that exes can be just good friends. Your fiancé made a decision and tried to explain it away. However, that is for the two of you to work out. Best of luck!

Normally you wouldn't have minded? How often does this happen? Sorry OP, FYL.

cryssycakesx3 22

maybe she can give him a ride to your wedding.

OP, your fiance should have fetched you and told his ex to ask someone else for a lift to wherever she was going. His priorities are way off!

Or at the VERY least called a taxi for his fiancée after he'd made half the trip.

It doesn't matter if you're pregnant or not, the fact that he left you waiting so he could take his ex-girlfriend to a wedding is rude. Especially out in the rain.

Coz of the rain his car was needed by his ex girlfriend, and you could stay at a cozy train station for a while