By Oy Vay - 14/11/2016 06:09 - United States - Sparkill

Today, my daughter, whom I consigned a credit card for, told me she was in a bit of financial trouble. It turns out that she was trying to pay off her credit card with the same credit card her bill was for, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 892
You deserved it 1 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I want to vote FYL because that's a pretty big facepalm moment. But I also want to vote YDI because you helped her get a credit card without bothering to teach her how they work.

dietcoke09 25

My parents learned from my older siblings never to co-sign anything again for them. I have to say that I'm glad she was *trying* to pay it back. It's a mistake. She'll learn.

Comments

You deserve it for co-signing a credit card for someone you hadn't bothered to educate on financial responsibility. Major parenting fail.

awildwhisper 30

She needs a class on financial responsibility before she gets another credit card.

Just tell her to Make sure she's making the minimum payment, because then she should be able to pay it off in...**doing the math**...wait that can't be right?

If that were possible, it would have been awesome right. Still there are ways to do that, make payment with you credit card at an online wallet amd use it to pay for your credit card bill. It works only with certain banks though.

A lesson learned, never co sign for anything.