By applebearcat - 05/09/2009 05:59 - Malaysia

Today, my dad bought me a new laptop for my birthday. That's because he wants to use my old laptop for work, which is more expensive, has better specs, runs faster, and has a wider screen than my new computer. I just got a downgraded laptop as my birthday present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 489
You deserved it 3 716

applebearcat tells us more.

I got that laptop when i went to college at a different state. I needed it to do coursework :p

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Don't give him your old laptop! Keep both. It's a gift, not an exchange.

Why are people so unnecessarily NASTY about FMLs? So what if the OP got a laptop...it doesn't make them spoiled. I would be a little annoyed if I got a laptop and a.) Found out it was an exchange, not a gift and b.) it wasn't as good as the one I had previously. There are all ranges of FML on here...just because they're not ALL from impoverished orphans who get dumped at the altar, doesn't make the other OPs any less deserving. RE-LAX!

Comments

you're a ****** douchebag be happy you have a frickin laptop

give him the shitty one and keep your old one. duh. or keep both

Has it occurred to any of you that this kid might have paid for his old, better laptop with his own money? That way, his dad would be paying considerably less for a "new" (but crappier) laptop, and getting the kid's more expensive laptop in return.

Paula844 7

Assuming his dad actually PAID for both computers (which might not be true), the dad has every right to decide which one he needs. And especially in this economy, the dad's employer might not be willing to spring for a computer that's necessary for work.

JournalKeeper 0

just take yo shit back and tell him you know he watch ****. work my ass. it's all lies.

dELiA14 0

**** ur dad keep the good one for yourself :) tell him he can have the crappy new one since he spent sooo much $$$ on it :)

FutureVeteran 0

hell, dl lots of pron adn thne trdea hmi. You jstu gto nwe laptpo

hijueputa 0

I love it how all these prissy little liberal ****** are burying all the comments from the people that tell the OP to stop bitching and buy his own stuff. It just proves that they're wrong and can't stand being told so. Stop being such douchebags and get a life! You are the reason this world is in the shape it is now, stop being shithouse-rat lawyers, you spoiled little pricks...