By younggrammy - 20/08/2009 20:15 - United States

Spicy
Today, my 14 year old daughter told me she's pregnant. I work as a public speaker for promoting celibacy and safe sex. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 208
You deserved it 45 453

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Im guessing your daughter never came to one of these speakings right?

dspadres 0

I didn't know Sarah Palin visited FML! Awesome.

Comments

107, I think you're talking to the wrong person.

she should have gotten an abortion. and I don't mean the daughter, I mean the OP

boatkicker 4

#111 dragonkiller101 You make too many generalizations. Way too many. Of course SOME parents have no control. SOME parents let thier children do whatever they want. SOME 12 year old girls dress like *****. And SOME parents don’t care. The thing is, that’s only a small percent age fo the population. As a human you don’t notice the non-slutty, rule following children, because that’s what you expect to see. When you see something every day you don’t register it in your mind. It’s the unusual things that we tend to notice more. Yes, more children are dressing sluttier. In my opinion that’s partly due to the fact that when you walk into a store, they most have sluttier clothing. It’s getting harder and harder to dress children acceptably. You also said you hate to see where the world will be in 10 years. This has always been a commonly echoed phrase. “When I was a kid that was considered rude/unacceptable/dirty/whatever.” However although people are having sex at ridiculously young ages, that’s nothing new. Just more people are aware of it because people aren’t so determined to hide it anymore. There is also: ~an ever increasing emphasis on education. That’s a good thing that still growing. ~a growing awareness of how things effect the natural environments (although some of it is a bit misinformed) ~Higher awareness of health effects of things both positive and negative. Point is: The world definitely isn’t getting any better, but its not getting any worse either (Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant.)

justmyluck1212 0

"IT'S NOT THAT BAD MOM" Um, really? Your childhood and carefree days are over and I hope to god your mother doesn't help out with raising your kid as much as you think she will. Kiss your high school friends and your future goodbye. God I hope someone pushes you down some stairs.

What an irony, sucks for her, she ruined her own life, 14 is just way to young to be having sex, sorry to say it but your daugther must be a dumb *****, she didn't use a condom, she was getting into sex so the least she could know is that she should always use one, she could also get an STD. I'm not going to say that you deserve it nor parenting fail cause if you promote that then you obviously must have teached her that 14 is way too young and the anticonceptive methods, but to her what a big responsability fail, she deserves it, now she suffers the consequence.

How do you know she didn't use a condom ? It could have broken during sex. And maybe she was telling her mother she was prengant as in she needed help to take a decision : Get rid of the baby or what ? That's a big decision to make, especially at fourteen. I hope the OP is gonna be a good mother and support whatever her decision is ... But she should have a good talk with her too. Oh, and there isn't any age to have sex, it's up to you if you're ready or not :] Hooray for the few open-minded people who exist in this world

"it's up to you if you're ready or not" the problem is, that decision is usually influenced more by hormones and peer/media pressure than your own "common sense." So no, it's not necessarily up to you when you're that young.

also theres this thing called statutory rape. well in the US there is. i dont know about other places.

fxdxhk90 0

If this is actually the daughter, you're stupider then your mother actually knows.