By WitchQueenLiz - 28/06/2009 08:25 - United States

Today, it was my birthday. Normally, the little office I work in throws a big party for every employee on their special day, but nothing was done for me, not even a "Happy Birthday" came my way. I didn't want to be rude, so I stayed silent. They didn't do anything because I was getting laid off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 65 753
You deserved it 3 159

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry to hear that, why would they lay you off on your birthday? Assholes.

Well since you didnt get one: Happy Birthday! And sorry about your job. Things are fked up these days. Good luck finding another one!

Comments

I'm sorry =. Things will get better + happy birthdaay!*

ziqi92 0

being laid off is no excuse to have ur co-workers not throw u a party on ur last day. happy birthday!

Colby_Colbert 0

when they laid you off u should have played it cool but shuved every1's pens up ur ass w/o saying anything .. jokes on them when e coli comes a knockin

If all your colleagues knew you were getting laid of, and so they didn't throw you a party.... you have a potential grievance against your (ex-) employer. Talk to a lawyer. They must inform you first (within reason) of your redundancy/termination. Obviously, senior management are allowed to know, but from the sounds of your FML, the whole office knew before you.

ILoveJace01 0

Aww. I'm so sorry. Happy birthday, and goodluck finding another job!

That sucks! You think if they were laying you off, the least they could have done was celebrate your birthday. I'm really sorry.

shnibz101 0

Happy birth day and I'm sorry that happened

justxdream 0

Ouch, shitty birthday for you this year. Hope you tried to have fun with your nonwork friends anyways. Good luck finding a new job:-)