By Anonymous - 26/08/2015 07:45 - India - Kolkata

Today, is my five year anniversary. My boyfriend said he was gonna get me something shiny this year. I thought he was gonna propose. He got me a set of sparkle glue. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 678
You deserved it 3 507

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

My now-husband said he'd get me a jar of glitter when I asked for something sparkly for Christmas one year. I thought it was funny, even before he gave me a bracelet.

Was it gold or silver? Maybe ruby, emerald, or sapphire... A step towards the gem you are....

Well atleast you can glue him to the bed...

ZombieKitteh 8

This happened today? I'm putting my money on him proposing tomorrow then. Nobody would be that big of a dick to mislead someone they've been with that long with that much false hope and then underwhelm them that hard if they didn't intend to take it back very very soon. I bet he's just having a laugh.

...sparkle glue? Unless you really like arts and crafts, why the hell would he give you sparkle glue?

jlaw2000 6

Dear women marriage is not a right. You are not owed a ring. If you want to get married YOU propose. Stop the anachronistic guy has to do everything BS.

That's all well and good to say and for some relationships it might actually work. However the OP could be in a relationship set-up similar to mine where it has been made very clear to me and people who know us that if I were to propose to him the answer would be No. Not because of him not wanting to get married or wanting to be separate from me but because he firmly believes in the tradition of the man asking the woman and feels anything else is improper.