By Michelle - 06/12/2014 03:35 - United States - Abingdon

Today, I went to dinner at my parents' house. I was going to surprise them by introducing them to my new boyfriend. They decided to surprise me too, by inviting my ex to the dinner. Everyone was surprised tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 736
You deserved it 3 023

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Awkward! Why would they invite your ex, though?

Just because the OP was dating a new person doesn't mean that she hasn't broken up with her ex for a while. The parents probably knew about the breakup, liked the ex and was trying to play re-matchmaker without knowing she had already moved on?

Comments

ashalayx 13

maybe they just want you and him to get back together lol

Saves your new boyfriend a lot of time. He can find out all the kinky things you like!

This is a situation you'd see in the movies XD

Wizardo 33

the purpose of dinner is served well...

why would they even do something like that without talking to you first? poor you!

Although I feel sorry for you, you kind of deserve it... This situation could have easily been avoided if you just told you parents that you are gonna bring your boyfriend to dinner. In which way would a stranger suddenly being your guest be a nice surprise for your parents? I would have wanted to know so that I could prepare myself.

You are right on that part, it was definitely wrong of her parents to invite her ex. Yet, I still think it wasn't appropriate of (not sure about that preposition) OP to simply bring her bf along without asking.

#29 maybe she asked if it would be okay to bring along a guest, but didnt specify who. or they could be the type of family who dont mind if they just bring over a guest.