By Anonymous - 07/01/2011 23:42 - United Kingdom

Today, I went on a date for the first time in months. Over dessert, my date told a joke, and I tittered vigorously, causing me to choke and throw up all over him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 113
You deserved it 6 347

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I wasn't aware you could titter vigorously.....I've heard of people working out vigorously, and arguing vigorously, but tittering? How the **** do you manage to do that?

that teaches you to not fake you titters

Comments

gusgus36 5

honestly I clicked YDI because seriously who says "tittered"? especially "tittered vigorously." come on. I realize that you can't necessarily control how your body reacts once you're choking, but that's pretty crazy you actually threw up. I'll say FYL for that part, but this goes to show you shouldn't fake laugh at a guy's jokes. if you're being over-the-top about it, then he can tell it's fake too. turn-off!

You clicked YDI for the OP's vocabulary? I would say that I feel slightly disconcerted, but you'd probably give me a thumbs-down.

*clicks thumbs down 17 times just to piss of Boop even though he's right*

sallen0046 4

No, they pretty clearly stated it was a YDI because OP was obviously trying too hard.

sofiaiswhoiam 0

tittered is not a UK thing, or a southern thing or it doesn't mean twittering in Canada stupid, its some kind of laugh

46 I think they said "them" because OP didn't specify if their date was male or female and actually seemed to purposely be vague by calling her date "date" instead of "him" or "her"

"Tittered vigorously", huh? Maybe I'll start using that.

glitchedgamer 0

YDI for using the word "tittered"

I agree; someone clearly needs to brush up on her grammar. "Them" is plural. You should have, if you did not want to guess, said, "him or her." Colloquially, "they" is accepted as a substitute for "he or she," but it is (for now) incorrect. 61, OP means "original poster," i.e. the poster of the FML.

sourgirl101 28

If you practice brushing your tongue with your toothbrush, you could master that gag reflex.

Perhaps he found your tittering to be titillating, OP.