By StillFriendless - 25/11/2016 15:20

Today, I was so desperate for a friend that I posted a Craigslist ad to find one. Now my phone's filled with spam and I still don't have any friends. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 660
You deserved it 2 810

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I swear if there isn't already there should be an app for people that are looking just for friends not for dates. You'd still put interests and things like that in your profile but just look for friends! If only I knew how to create apps..

Making friends when you don't have any can be difficult OP. I've had to go through that when I moved to another country where I didn't know anyone who lived even remotely close to the city I moved to. I don't know you so I have no idea what would work for you, but personally I found it helpful to just go out and do stuff I enjoyed anyway, rather than waiting around for friends to magically appear. I took up dance classes, went to concerts of bands I liked, and visited interesting sights in the place I moved to. It might seem weird and a bit sad at first to do stuff like that on your own, but I also found it empowering to realize that I didn't actually need other people to engage in activities that I wanted to do. Worst case scenario you just keep on doing these things alone, which frankly is better than sitting at home alone doing nothing, best case scenario (what happened to me) you meet people that are into the same things as you and you end up being friends with them. Also, if you're at least somewhat religious, finding a church/synagogue/temple/whatever fits your beliefs can be a good way to meet people, but I wouldn't recommend going just to meet friends if you're not actually attracted to the religion they're preaching. If you prefer meeting people online, it's a good idea to check out local facebook or meetup groups about stuff that interests you. Good luck!!

Comments

Try the meetup app! Super helpful for meeting ppl with same interests. Also block all the randos

OP, join meetup. That's how i met all my friends

I can be your friend :) send me a message and we'll talk :)

YDI for thinking Craigslist of all websites would be helpful for that kind of thing.