By pissed off mother - 05/05/2016 17:55 - United Kingdom - Leeds

Today, I was out shopping with my son and unbeknownst to me, he had secretly added a bunch of expensive games he wanted to the trolley. I was too embarrassed at the till to make a fuss as there was a huge line behind me. I watched as my normal £50 shopping bill climbed to over £400. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 147
You deserved it 21 008

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Here's an idea. Put the damn games back and discipline your kid.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you need to take control of your life before your son ends up the most spoiled, demanding child you've ever met. You taught him a lesson today - "Mom won't cause a scene, so I can get away with whatever I want in a public place".

Comments

kittycat2007 18

Return the damn games and make him apologize to the store for giving them extra work.

Be a parent op and tell your child to put them back then ground him for a month and start giving him chores so he can earn pocket money!

Learn to be a parent before getting a parasite.

you should have told the cashier to keep the games and scolded him.

spineless move. nothing to be done now. my suggestion is keep the games until he works them off at whatever pay rate you decide will teach him a lesson. I'd double charge him for the games, too.

Seriously? You're that scared of disciplining your kid?

Force your son to return them while you stamd behind him to make sure he actually returns them.

Get some authority over your kid. You taught him that just putting things in the cart means mommy will buy it.

Ydi, take control of your kid before you kid controls you

You are only a doormat if you let yourself be one. You aren't doing your kid any favors by being afraid to stand up to him or for yourself. Tell him it was wrong for him to do that and return the games for a refund.