By tryfailtryget11 - 05/09/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, I was on the phone with my boyfriend. We were messing around and I always jokingly say "You're adopted, nobody loves you" to everybody. His reply, "That's pretty fucked up, I am adopted." He really was. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 670
You deserved it 76 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OhhxGoshhxAri 0

Oh yeah? Well, YOU'RE adopted, and nobody loves YOU! Ever think of THAT?! >:|

Comments

stovetop2560 0

He needs to get the **** over it. I'm adopted and I get that joke all the time. I laugh and respond with "Hahahaha, It's funny cuz' It's true!"... most of the time they respond with silence. And being adopted means absolutely nothing. Ok, so the people I love are not biological... woopty ******* doo. I hate my biological parents for bringing me into this forsaken world. I wouldn't worry about it.

I loved every part of your post up until the part about being brought into this forsaken world... We've got ice cream and stuffed-crust pizza and television and internet and oxygen and stuff... I'd say this world ain't that bad.... ;-)

I respect you for being tough as nails man..the truth is some people aren't as good at coping with something like that as you are. And that silence is because they knew they had said something they regret.

lakita_lover 0

You seriously need to stop saying that. Even if it's meant as a joke and said to someone who isn't adopt it still sounds really mean. Also, why do people say those sort of things with the implication that parents don't love their adopted children? I'd think adoptive parents would love their children even more because they picked them. I plan on adopting two little girls when I'm older, and I'm sure I'd love them very much.

YoStephy123 0

That was a pretty rude thing to say. I used to call everyone a bastard, even just joking around. But one day I called my boyfriend a bastard then remembered that his biological dad left him when he was little. Did I feel terrible? Yeah. Just watch what you say next time.

YDI for not even bothering to learn that your boyfriend was adopted to begin with. YDI even more for saying such an awful thing.

OnTheRun 0

if he is your boyfriend, wouldn't you had known he was adopted???

stovetop2560 0

Being adopted ins't always something that is broadcasted. Some of us just keep in on the downlow. I say it because It helps other get over with it as well if they were adopted.

"Today, my girlfriend found out I am adopted. FML."

Overreaction ftw! (I was referring to this thread, but that applies to the OP's boyfriend as well). Seriously, people in general (and especially on FML) need to lighten up and get a sense of humor.