By thats_not_good - 28/05/2009 18:15 - United States

Today, I was getting my first tattoo done. My parents told me it was a bad idea. My friends' parents told me it was a bad idea. I told them that people get tattoos done all the time and nothing goes wrong. 50 min into the tattoo on my back, the artist says "Oh shit, shit, shit. We can fix this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 435
You deserved it 123

thats_not_good tells us more.

The tattoo is on my shoulder blade, and it's a Celtic knot that I drew up myself. The artist was filling in the shading in the knot after finishing the outline when he started filling in an area on the wrong side of the line. He ended up fixing it so the design came out symmetrical, and it looks really good. No regrets and no worries.

Top comments

Yeah, bad idea... sounds like if you try it again you should do a little research to figure out the best tattoo parlor in your area...

Comments

BulldogQB4 0

1) Tattoos in general are a bad idea. 2) Depends where you go, people in Austin, TX are very good.

Seems to me that you all have a the same stick up all your asses. It's not karma first of all. My parents would oppose anything I do, including just going out with my friends. Thus if I went out and dirtied my clothes, would that be karma? No. It would just be bad luck that I have encountered. My friend's parents would oppose of it as well, just as most parents would. Is it karma for not listening to them? NO. Tattoo's are forever, thus you really think about getting it before you get it. Perhaps the OP checked for reviews of this place and the tattoo artist got a 4.5/5 stars. Even if they had that rating, it does not guarantee no screw ups. A good tattooist would be able to fix their mistakes, by the way.

anonymous0927 0

#9, it's not a coincidence, the ads always relate to the main topic on the page. they do that on purpose.

Tattoos are a bad idea. That's all that really needs to be said.

haha I'm getting a tattoo done next week thanks for that...

jollyjam1 2

Your first mistake was in thinking that tattoos were a good idea. You deserve it.

I think tattoos are dumb, personally. Old people look retarded with tattoos, and eventually you will be old. And you prove nothing with it.

npk1112 0

Sometimes your parents really do know what's best for you. Tattoos stretch, wrinkle, and look if they are in areas that can be seen in causal or professional dress they can cost you job opportunities.

Meh, I've had two tattoos done, nothing went wrong with either. You should've done some research into an experienced, expensive tattoo artist. But even then, accidents happen and it's a risk you take. Oh well. Let's hope they actually managed to fix it.