By Broke - 27/03/2009 00:24 - United States

Today, I was entered into an online contest where they announce your name on the radio and if you call in within an hour they pay your bills for you. I'm unemployed, so I got really excited when they announced my name. My call wouldn't go through - I hadn't paid my phone bill and the line was disconnected. FML
I agree, your life sucks 72 273
You deserved it 28 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Apparently you pay your internet bill. And really, in an hour you couldn't find someone with a cell phone or use a payphone? YDI.

#3: He shouldn't listen to me...but instead do exactly what I said he should have done? Interesting.

Comments

ellebell 0

Seriously, like everyone's said. Cellphone, pay phone, neighbor's phone. No sympathy.

umm..cell phone? friends' cell phone?!! SERIOUSLY..if u want it that badly u find a way..

piderman13 0

#14 (: cutie in a van huh? lots of room in there no wonder you get whatever you want....so do all the boys and girls!! :o

LetsPretend 0

Get a job instead of sitting around relying on a contest to pay the bills for you. Even if it's a low wage job, it's some money than none.

holynemesis1208 3

sounds kinda sketchy to me.

I agree with 37. Get a job! Stop relying on OTHER people to pay for you with their tax dollars, and don't rely on a radio contest to pay your bills. It does suck though, just because it's ironic. Tough luck I guess.

pommeblossom 0

That sucks! I'm sorry! PS; I wonder if it was Z100?? :D

And to #25, I'm sure if he/she was recently laid off due to the bad economy (if this person lives in the U.S.) he/she should've had some money saved up to pay for things like phone bills. And also, if they were really trying so hard to get a job, would they be spending their time on fmylife.com? Prooobbbably not. Walmart is always hiring. There's no excuse for not being able to find at least a low-paying job for the time being to keep the bills paid.