By Former Drummer - 03/06/2012 21:23 - United States - Tulsa

Today, I was diagnosed with migraines. Any loud sounds or bright lights make it worse. I'm the drummer for a heavy metal band, so I now have to choose between really bad migraines or a career. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 148
You deserved it 4 657

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should always out your health before most things! Remember that you only have one body, while you can have multiple careers. Fyl though, and I hope the medications are effective :) I have heard that migraines are horrible to say the last, so good luck in the future, always a lot of options left.

Comments

Killuhk 8

I took imitrex and it didn't do anything for me then they put me on treximex and that helped alot but it is expensive as hell

#46 smoke weed #42 said it helps so you never know give it a try

Sorry OP I used to get migraines I feel your pain.

Earplugs and sunglasses. Problem solved.

Killuhk 8

Not only can light and noise effect a migration, but any small movement makes it about twenty gazillion times worse. Fyi

OP -- loud sounds & lights may make it worse but If you can get on a preventive med that works, then you'll have much less down time. Learn your triggers. Keep a diary of foods. Sleep regularly on your bodies time schedule. Don't give up on your music... Good luck from another Migraineur!

unknown_user5566 26

That's definitely a bad situation, OP. I work with some students that have chronic migraines, so I know how debilitating they can be. If you can find a medicine that works for you and that won't cause too many negative effects, stick with your dream. I hope you can find a solution that makes you happy, OP!

Tweekz14 5

Smoking weed is actually a good idea if you wanna play op. Even tho it's illegal it might be worth the risk because everytime I've had a headache it reduces the headache and then some!

46- yeah, different for every person. Yet it's worth a shot for someone who hasn't tried it! 55- It is not illegal if you go get your medical card..& because op suffers from migraines he can get it easily.

OP, I completely sympathize with your issue. I've suffered from chronic migraines for the last thirteen years of my life - I'm only in my mid-twenties. Very few pain medications work for me and I'm allergic to weed; any exposure to weed or weed residue can actually trigger a migraine. If you can afford it, take a full consult with your doctor. There are many different medications out there, not just to treat the pain, but also to prevent the majority of migraines. Unfortunately cost is a definite factor. Best wishes.

dellis44 7

I can't even begin to describe how annoyed & angry it makes someone with migraines to be told" to simply take a Tylenol". If you ever break a bone, ask for Tylenol for The pain... Or better yet, drink some water. Should work wonders! Seriously... Educate yourself before posting such dribble.

3yellowzebras 19