By Evra - 23/01/2015 07:39 - United States - Tampa

Today, I was asked by a total stranger if I had Tourettes. This is the third time this has happened to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 125
You deserved it 5 589

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Tourettes may be the least of my issues. . .I hear they lock people up for murder nowadays."

While that is quite rude and offensive, I can't help but think you had to have been doing something to make them think you have Tourettes..

Comments

If I was in your shoes, I'd think they're trying to be helpful. While they don't have a cure themselves, they care enough about a total stranger that they're prepared to risk social embarrassment just to help you out. Sure its unlikely someone has Tourette's and doesn't know about it, so the question is more likely to end up in embarrassment for them, but what a gift to you if you do have the condition untreated and they lead you to getting treatment! It's strange to me how many people assume your questioners are being douche-bags.

Um...just learn to speak in public, I.e. Grow up!

supersquirel500 10

I honestly do have tourhettes syndrome. and its really offensive that people always ask if I cuss people out. It is NOT that. My tourhettes has never made me cuss. It is only involuntary muscle spasms.

I know how you feel, I don't have Tourettes, but for a solid week of school I was asked if I did 2-3 times a day because of my cussing habits

kev1029 22

Maybe you have Tourette's and don't know it. If three people have asked you if you have it, then there's probably characteristics that people are picking up on. If you are just swearing a lot then people are just ignorant because that's uncommon symptom of Tourette's.