By Anonymous - 11/08/2009 12:17 - Australia

Today, I was alone with a work acquaintance at lunch. A noise came from his pocket; he whipped out his iPod Touch and said "Sorry, I have to take this," before walking away with the iPod to his ear. Not only did he not want to talk to me, he thought I was stupid enough to confuse an iPod with a phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 694
You deserved it 14 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Also, the iPod Touch, when connected to a Wi-Fi signal, can act like a phone with programs like Skype.

Could of had the Skype app on an iPod Touch.

Comments

There are two generations of iPod Touches. The first generation does not have a built in speaker persay but can make alarm noises. The second generation does in fact have a speaker built in.

justmyluck1212 0

luckily the iphone has a fake-a-call app, i cant begin to share the infinite # of boring moments its saved me from

anyone saying that VoIP on iPod touch would be a possibility: he wouldn't put the phone to his ear, he would have the headphones with the in-line mic plugged in. so he would have earbuds in and talk to the mic. silly people.

Are you sure it wasnt an iphone? I just feel like maybe you jumped to conclusions....

The iPhone looks almost exactly like an iPod touch. Easy mistake to make from a few feet away if you're not very familiar with Apple products.

rustyrox 0

maybe it was the new 3GS which is thinner than the other models?

rayrayy_fml 0

It has the same dimensions. I've had all three gens of the iPhone and 3G and 3GS are the same in appearance.

Leopard68231 0

Wow you're a loser. iPhones are for overrated bitches who actually think their cool.

Fake-A-Call. Duh. It's an app that works on the iPod Touch, made exactly for situations like this.

touchmeteaseme 0

they look very similar so you could have mistaken. but i dont know...

Kankanmaim 0

That is called an IPHONE, jackass.

I'm guessing it was an iPhone and he actually did "have to take this." so it's okay, chill out :) And if he was faking the call then who cares? You barely know him....