By Anonymous - 11/08/2009 12:17 - Australia

Today, I was alone with a work acquaintance at lunch. A noise came from his pocket; he whipped out his iPod Touch and said "Sorry, I have to take this," before walking away with the iPod to his ear. Not only did he not want to talk to me, he thought I was stupid enough to confuse an iPod with a phone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 694
You deserved it 14 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Also, the iPod Touch, when connected to a Wi-Fi signal, can act like a phone with programs like Skype.

Could of had the Skype app on an iPod Touch.

Comments

XxNicolexX 0

I'd do that too. I HATE awkward silences...

Sorry, but I agree with #5. You can't be certain it wasn't an iPhone. An iPod Touch and an iPhone look almost exactly alike and you can't tell them apart if they're in a case... but since you act like a douche, you are probably right, he just wanted to get away from you. I would too.

Do some research. It's very easy to tell if it's an iPod Touch or iPhone because of the speaker above the screen and it's not covered in any cases except the otterbox. And the Touch is much thinner than the iPhone and doesn't have a circle for the camera. It sounds like the guy was just using Fake-A-Call

Clearly OP isn't familiar enough with the subtle differences between an iPod Touch and an iPhone to realise this fact. Just because you spend your time scrutinising gadgets, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Still, OP is a moron for not realising that it was most likely an iPhone.

My guess is it's an iphone, but if it's not then that sucks for you. Maybe you smelled.

God, you need a microphone to talk through an Ipod Touch. Also, iphone has the phone comms on it, touch doesn't.

Mandiemah 0

The newer iTouch has microphone, and you can get that app that uses WiFi to use it like a phone, or u can use it through skype...my friend has it and I call her on it lots

There's no such thing as an iTouch. It's ******* 'iPod touch."

rene22 18

I really hate when ppl say that too

Um.. I have skype on my Touch, and use it as a phone. tard. YDI.

so the ipod touch has a mic and has a speaker above the screen that requires you to hold it up to your ear? great job sounding dumb

brownies_fml 0

the iPod touch and iPhone look very much the same from a distance, so there is a chance it could have Been a phone and you were just stupid!

CL41RE 0

They have speakers. Not the old ones but the 2G

Its really NOT that hard to tell the difference between the two . an iPod Touch has a silver/mirrory back to it , and an iPhone is either black , white , or gray . But , if you get a mic for your iPod Touch , it can be used as a phone . And an iPhone doesn't have speaker plugs or an usb plug in it . OP : FHL for thinking your stupid enough not to tell the difference .

The first-generation iPhone was silvery, too.

Baroness542 6

And, a lot of people have cases for their iPods and iPhones.

Yah your dumb the iPod touch would not make a noise as you described out of no where but the almost identical looking iPhone would.

My IPhone looks like my IPod, so you might be mistaken. I love both, but don't keep my IPod on me at work.