By Anonymous - 14/11/2013 07:18 - United States - Grand Prairie

Today, I was accused of stealing when I dropped a $20 bill in front of my boss. His logic: I'm too poor to have a $20 bill and there's no way it was a tip, since our customers are "so stingy". It was a tip and it was going to get me through the rest of the month. He won't give it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 576
You deserved it 3 062

Same thing different taste

Top comments

unwantedforlife 14

That's illegal for him to take your tips away. Report him

Too poor to have a $20 bill? What year does your boss think it is 1887?

Comments

Octwo 16

Time for a call to the BBB, hope you have a witness or some way to prove it. The BBB will gladly rip him a new one, just don't expect to keep your job if you live in an at-will employment state.

well may my God bless you with $40 :) karma will eventually come back on him..

rlTlk 13

:( sounds like my work I have a customer that is known to too well and that sometimes is all that gets never through the week financially. he always requests me to serve him since well my coworkers/employees have zero people skills and manage to miss off half our customers most times.. I've had to write them up for being rude to customers.. but my other manager whenever she sees this guy come in she fights to take over or demands a portion of my tip even though that's not our policy to split tips.

bigjoeanzalone 4

OP, did not mean to hit YDI but my phone froze and thought I did. I selected FYL as well, but karma will hopefully come and bite your boss in the ass. Hopefully you're around to see it.

MzZombicidal 36

Really? Clearly OP needs the job and taking that money back (despite their boss being a douche) can result in them losing their job. It's not being a pussy, it's about keeping your job. OP needs to report their boss and let the company handle the situation.