By gunnerette - 21/12/2014 08:30 - Cyprus - Larnaca

Today, I was about to have sex with my boyfriend for the first time. As things got heated, he broke down crying. I assumed it was just anxiety so I hugged him and told him it's alright and that it didn't matter, we'd try another time. Half an hour later, he confessed that he's actually gay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 274
You deserved it 4 054

Top comments

just be supportive. you may be the first person he's told.

FYL, but F his life too. It does suck that your relationship's essentially over, but if you care about him, try to do your best to support him. It sounds like he's either fighting with it, or has kept it in. I hope things work out for both of you OP!

Comments

#35 couldn't have said it better myself. Confused, or not he still used her as a 'beard' without permission. He shouldn't take his hangups out in someone else. If it were me I don't think I would forgive them.

Did you offer to jam something up his ass?

I don't get how most people are saying that OP should continue being supportive and stay friends. This is any different from any normal relationship being over. The fact he's gay won't miraculously change the fact she has feelings for him. I don't think OP has to stay friends with the ex. Because whatever the reason it may be that the relationship is over he's still an ex and she might be feeling hurt and not want to stay close which I honestly completely understand.

Goblin182 26

I have read this FML several times, where is everyone getting that OP is supportive of him being gay? I get she was being supportive of him when she thought is was just anxiety over not being able to have sex with her, but after he announced he was gay? There is no indication of her reaction other than to say, "**** her life".

It is different.. A regular breakup they can go about their business but if he reacted like this to realizing he's gay and tried to date a girl he NEEDS support. If she would have been hurt(though she seems to be very understanding) I would hope she tried to get him to people who could be supportive before cutting ties.

Hesher 19

Oh, poor you, you wasted your time in a relationship. He has to endure a lifetime of hate and death threats. Yeah, if this happened to you, I wouldn't feel bad for you.

is he pulling a Mel Gibson in "what women want"?

What a jerk for leading you on like that...

Look at the bright side, at least it means he doesn't think you look like a guy!

You've got to be kidding me. Who are you to decide what OP needs?

A07 48

Apparently #76, he's the man who isn't gay.