By Grounded - 29/12/2009 18:50 - United States

Today, I told my mom I was going on a date tonight. She laughed and didn't believe me. When I tried to convince her it was real, she got mad and grounded me for lying. I had to cancel the date. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 251
You deserved it 3 853

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why did you cancel the date? If you would of let your date show up, your mom would of seen that you were telling the truth. It could of gotten you un-grounded. But seriously........sometimes, I think people think of the weirdest shit just to get on this site. This doesn't happen in real life.

BlinkOnceForYes 0

That would be one horrible mother. But if you have no life, no friends, and no dates.. what is there really to ground you from?

Comments

Why are there so many FMLs about parents who don't think their children can get dates/friends? What parent is really so mean? and if you're young enough to get grounded you're too young to be dating. It's just puppy love anyway. =]

So you didn't ask your mom if you could go out that night? So were you picking her up? You should have had her call you at home and talk to your mom. YDI

Grow a pair. Easily resolved by calling your date and handing your mom the phone.

mef_fml 0

wow your mom is a bitch....that sucks, fyl.

Dinlordz 0

Your mom must be one fat ass bitch to do that to you.

That sucks. And to be honest you really shouldn't have to "prove it" by putting your mom on the phone with your date, or making her show up if you were planning on meeting, etc. Just go. Assuming you're old enough that you weren't depending on your mom for transportation or something of the like, you should keep the date, and pick the pieces up later, if there are even any to pick up. It'll work in your favor because she'll appreciate you kept the date regardless and if things work out, you will have proven everything without using any tactics people have been mentioning. This is coming from someone who's parents have always had a similar "prove it to me; I don't believe you" mindset.

If you are young enough to get grounded, you are definitely not old enought to date!