By Anonymous - 05/05/2012 02:27 - New Zealand - Palmerston North

Today, I spent some of my pay on a birthday gift for my wife. She found out about the money going missing from our account, and now she thinks I'm having an affair. I work 24/7 and barely have time to see my friends, let alone have an affair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 792
You deserved it 2 167

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your wife must not trust you :/ Sorry OP

blcksocks 19

You work 24/7? When do you poop?

Comments

Couldn't you just tell her it was spent on a birthday gift for her? You don't have to tell her what it is, just let her know.

Well, won't she feel like a bitch when you reveal what the money was spent on.

80, without love there is no need for the trust.

I wish she would show us what's under the head gear.

He might be working all the time, but in her eyes, he's just outside all the time, and now spending money, which made her paranoid. It's not like this never happens or something

Why don't you just tell her what you really took the money out for? Seems like a pretty simple fix.

Envythabosslady 1

Throw the gift at her, and tell her insecure ass this is what u spent the money on. And if she is that worried about u having an affair maybe she should step her game up. She must feel like she aint doing something right.

redmane 21

Whoa whoa whoa, slow it down, man. That borders on verbal and physical abuse. This is the problem with people nowadays. They don't talk things out first. They just yell. I would suggest that OP, once she calms down, explain that he took the money out of the bank for her birthday gift.

Here's what you do. Return the gift and show her the money is back in the account. Then show her the return slip and tell her "here is what you were going to get until you decided to be a bitch".

that's why i never connect accounts with no one.

What the hell kind of useless advice are you people giving? This is his wife, not a random girl. It seems like all these wonderful people are perfect in their relationships. Obviously the long working hours already have her insecure a bit.