By xSusanGeex - 09/04/2016 23:29 - United States - Grand Prairie

Today, I spent 2 hours slaving over a hot stove to make my kids the perfect dinner. They both came home with Happy Meals in their hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 649
You deserved it 2 254

xSusanGeex tells us more.

Actually i am not. I say slaving because i have gas burners which everyone knows heats up the kitchen real quick.

Top comments

homesuckfucker 28

Save what they didn't eat. Have a leftover night soon and serve that. I'm sure they'd be happy to eat it; they didn't know you were making something for them, right? They didnt refuse your dinner or mean to spoil it.

At least you were thinking about them!

Comments

Perfect. Lunch for you tomorrow :D

It doesn't seem like surprise cooking rather she cooks meals all the time. I wouldn't really say tell her not to do it, but asking her/a heads up would probably be nice.

When my dad was little my grandfather would take him out to eat with out his mother and when they got home if my gran made a meal they'd still have to eat it

#55 if it's their grandmother, it would be her mother not her grandmother.

This is a nice thing about being single with no kids. Hungry? Eat Sick of shopping? Leave. Three Stooges marathon on at 3 am? You're damn right.

Look, that sucks, but the key is c o m m u n i c a t i o n. It's not hard to text or call and say, "hey, I'm making dinner tonight, no need to stop and get anything."

That's assuming that the op knew that they would buy them food. It's not that hard for the grandmother (op said that the grandmother was the one who bought it) to call and ask if it was alright with the parents to grab them something on the way home.

Yeah it's definitely the fault of the grandma with this one. She should have asked the mom if it was okay.

As a mom and a daughter i can honestly say sometimes we kids don't appreciate all our moms do for us. Since becoming a mom myself i have such greater love and respect for my homemaker mom who raised 5 kids.

happened to me several times with my mema my mom just made me eat them the next day