By xSusanGeex - 09/04/2016 23:29 - United States - Grand Prairie

Today, I spent 2 hours slaving over a hot stove to make my kids the perfect dinner. They both came home with Happy Meals in their hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 649
You deserved it 2 254

xSusanGeex tells us more.

Actually i am not. I say slaving because i have gas burners which everyone knows heats up the kitchen real quick.

Top comments

homesuckfucker 28

Save what they didn't eat. Have a leftover night soon and serve that. I'm sure they'd be happy to eat it; they didn't know you were making something for them, right? They didnt refuse your dinner or mean to spoil it.

At least you were thinking about them!

Comments

Save the food and eat it later, you can always comfort yourself with the fact that your kids know you love them! At least that's how I always saw coming home to an actual home cooked meal.

Send the kids out and have a nice meal with your husband/boyfriend

Nyattack 14

When you choose to try and surprise someone, there's always a possibility that it might fail ! The kids didn't know about it, it's nobody's fault, and it was only a meal...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Actually i am not. I say slaving because i have gas burners which everyone knows heats up the kitchen real quick.

Hey I would rather have gas than electric. I hate electric.

Denise1988 13

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

You're 19 and you have two kids already? Wow! How old are they?

She had them at she had them at 15 and 17 year old. She going to be on teen moms next season

Don't be rude, she seems to be doing fine for herself and she seems to take good care of her children.

Thank you! People think just because you have kids young, means you cant take care of them. Wrong!

When is child number 3 going to pop out

My friends mother had her when she was young and she worked her ass off to take care of her and she raised a very good kid. It's not easy, but it's very possible. People seem to think about the worst case scenario. Being judgemental and rude only hurts someone, so I don't see why they even open their mouths if they only want to be that way, it's not like it magically changes anything. Just keep doing your best and do your best to ignore them. YOU are the one around your children, taking them everywhere. You will know if they're happy and healthy, not some loudmouth stranger. So try to keep your head up!

What did you make though? They could have been planning it... Nr but I love useless info

Junkie_Razor 20

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I hate that term "slaving over a hot stove"

Term is one word. Phrase is a sentence. :*

trellz17 19

You can have them eat the Happy Meals for lunch the next day and have the meal that you worked so hard for, for dinner. But hey, what do I know.

Fast food (happy meals) go bad quickly, it won't stay at all for tomorrows lunch, where as a home cooked meal can often be re-heated/preserved for left overs, I'm not saying the happy meal is better, but practicality suggests happy meal now(they've probably already started them anyway) and save the real food for tomorrow, and better future planning so as not to have these types of misunderstandings happen again

trellz17 19

That's actually wrong, fast food doesn't spoil quickly, it may not taste as good (considering it was good in the first place) but it would still be fine for consumption.

It may not spoil quickly but it doesn't reheat well either.

My mom did that the fun part was bring it to school

Big_Bear99 19

step 1, ask the question. What is for dinner. step 2, plan it out. Talk to the invited persons and confirm arrival.

cdb89928 7

You should have probably told your husband you're making dinner. He wouldn't have bought them McDonalds

Denise1988 13

She's only 19, I doubt there's a husband in the picture.

It's quite rude to be so automatically judgmental. Whether there is a husband or not she still seems to be doing well for herself. She has two, what seem like, happy kids and is in nursing school ( if you looked up her Instagram it says that). Just saying.

Wow people are so judgemental and bitter. Go have some fun in your life so you can stop hating on everybody elses.