By Smoothskin - 19/09/2013 21:18 - Australia - Heidelberg

Today, I shaved my face after several months of growth. This would be OK if my 4-year-old daughter would still talk to me. Apparently she doesn't recognise me, and I'm scary. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 290
You deserved it 3 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least now you know that she won't talk to strangers!

epicRawrz 16

That's why you got to do the whole 'shave with daddy' thing and let her watch you.

Comments

#27 lots of children are afraid of "monsters" under their beds soooo... No

Haha I can relate to her. My dad shaved off his moustache when I was younger. Worst day ever.

I remember my dad doing this. I was a little older so was creeped out rather than terrified but we happened to go shopping that day...I got lost and then wandered around for half an hour, upset, because I couldn't find him without his beard. I'm okay now though so don't worry, she'll get over it eventually. :)

My niece is the same way (she's almost 2) my fiancée traded glasses for contacts and she actually attacked him. Then her father, my brother, cut his rather long hair fairly short and she just hid for a couple days. At that young an age, change is rather difficult. Just don't attack your child with your stubble. That shit just sucks and messes up their skin.

I did the same Thing when I was little to my dad! I cried and cried. Haha

you shouldve shaved in front of her... my dad did when I was little so I would recognize him

Spider_Web 11
monnanon 13

dont worry op my son had a similar reaction when his dad shaved his beard. he also doesnt like seeing is gran without her glasses on but they wil get used to it. kids are funny about stuff like this but she will realise who you are soon enough.

This is insanely common. My sister did it too. Now shes an adult and can't stand he grew the beard back.