By AE86Turbo - 03/05/2011 05:22 - United States

Today, I saw a car swerving in front of me on the freeway, so I whipped out my cell to report the DUI. As soon as it started ringing, I see police lights in my rear view and got slapped with a ticket for using a cell phone while driving. After explaining why, the officer said, "Nice try." FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 776
You deserved it 28 521

Same thing different taste

Top comments

why didn't you just show him the last number dialed on your phone? I'm sure that a cop would know the local police phone number

It probably wasn't a DUII driver...it was probably just a person using their cell phone, just like you. I see it all the time, especially with texters.

Comments

Moral of the story? Don't be a snitch.

Jared1126 0
taticalnNinja 5

You probably should have pulled over first.

DeadxManxWalking 27

how'd the cop not see the car swerving?

It was probably easier to just nab the cell phone talker.

KVKdragon 26

voice control + speakerphone = discreet talking on cell phone (if you don't own a Bluetooth headset)

or have a Bluetooth system in ur car. (if it's a newer model)

It's also way less dangerous because you never have to take your eyes off the road.

You could of showed him the recent/last calls most phones have... smh.

You don't know that the dude in front of you was driving drunk. He could be changing the CD in his car, or lighting a cigarette, or beating a child in the passenger seat. You don't know why he was swerving, so you shouldn't assume that you do.

ReynshineCutting 10

In some states they have signs on the freeway with a phone number saying "Call to report drunk drivers". Apparently not California but other states encourage you to report reckless driving that you may suspect is drunk driving.

GuyMcGee 0

you people are idiots. he doesn't deserve it for snitching.. do you like to drive around drunk drivers? do you want them to get in an accident and harm others? No, so please stfu.

you don't know that the other driver was drunk, for all you know, you could be in the person driving behind the OP and then you'd be reporting him for texting-while-driving, which causes him to lose focus and essentially leading to road accidents and harm others as well, just to prove how your argument could backfire you. so unless you are sure of what's happening, which most of the time you won't because you're to quick to judge and snitch on people, you're the one who should stfu and stop acting like an idiot only thinking of snitching on other people.

ReynshineCutting 10

Reckless driving is an appropriate reason to snitch. If they swerve once, they were probably changing a cd or something. If they continually swerve, they're dangerous and you have every right to snitch. My state has signs on the freeway saying "Call to report drunk drivers" so if they're acting like they could be drunk, we're encouraged to report them. I'd much rather think someone was drunk and it turns out they weren't than find out later that driver I didn't report killed an entire family.

Obvious trolls shouldn't be called idiots. :(