By Anonymous - 27/03/2011 18:41 - United States

Today, I realized I've been sinking into a deep depression, ignoring all my friends, and don't know what to do with my life anymore. This is all because I gave up Facebook for lent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 762
You deserved it 56 373

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

Lubpynk 0

If your depressed it has to be something way deeper then giving up Facebook and if not then how are you going to react to the bigger obstacles in life?

It's a Christian tradition in which someone sacrifices something important to them (Facebook in the OP's case) from Ash Wednesday to Easter. Google it for more information.

Honeybunches is obviously confused. Don't listen to her. Lent is the stuff that you find in your pockets and always seems to come back no matter how many times you remove it. It is also found in clothes dryers and belly buttons. You're welcome.

SirEBC 7

90, you are confused. That is LINT. Docbastard is correct.

You can tell it started because a bunch of idiots wander around with dirt on their faces (yes I know it is ashes, I just think it's ridiculous).

b****!! we are not idiots!! religious tolerance please??!!?!

Iknoweverything 29

158, it's a sign of humility... back when Christianity was first emerging, people who admitted were persecuted. (especially by Emperor Nero) It may seem ridiculous, and believe me, it sucks for those of us who walk around all day with the damn things on our heads, but it's an outward symbol of being a follower of Christ. (At least in Catholicism.) Personally I think it would be nice if more people used loving actions as an outward symbol of following Christ, but you know how human nature is...

It's the past tense of Lend. Let the grammar Nazi's sort that one out.

hellogoodbye1996 6
QueenOfBoredom 0

ha nice I'm sure that it was rather difficult for you