By ChrisD2V - 01/12/2011 03:52 - United States

Today, I photocopied several hundred pages of my school's textbook because I didn't want to buy it. My school later says to just buy it and it will be reimbursed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 859
You deserved it 33 968

Same thing different taste

Top comments

m0tl3ycru3 0

Bind the photocopied pages together and sell it to the next un-informed student for cheaper.

Comments

Oh well. There isn't shit you can do about it now. You made it, so use it. You can write notes and shit on your copy at least.

zom_fml 10

Wouldn't it be even more expensive to copy every page than to just, well, buy the thing in the first place?

sailorgirl16 0

Only if you werent using your own copier

riack 2

Or do what I do and buy the international edition. Almost always the exact same thing except paperback and lower quality paper. Oh, and it's about 90% cheaper typically. Did that with my calc 2 textbook that costed 210 and paid 20 for the international edition

Why the hell are textbooks so expensive for you guys? Max £30 for any in the uk

They will give you less than you paid. I bought a book for $150 and they gave me five bucks for it.

That's how college bookstores make their money: Pay people next to nothing for their books and then turn around and sell the books for 4-5 times of the buyback. They make tons of money off ignorant students who have no idea how to shop or sell books. For a student like me that's cash-strapped, the internet is a god-send. I buy and sell all of my textbooks on Amazon.com and I get way more money from Amazon than the bookstore. Textbooks cost half as much on Amazon than a normal bookstore. Even though Amazon gives you a gift card instead of cash, I can turn around and use the gift cards to buy new books. Win-win situation for me.

unmistakablyamaz 4

Why not just buy the book? You can usually find slightly used books in good condition for cheaper, unless it is a brand new book. Either way, it looks better and is much easier to keep up with than a bunch of copied pages... I'd pay the extra cost just for convenience!

And if your lucky the previous owner had the same teacher and highlighted all the important crap.

*you're Just because you claim to be a spelling Nazi...

Technically, that was an issue of grammatical understanding.

luvliidee21 5

well.. u have the book for free either way. keep the copies since u already have them!

You basically just palgerized the entire book by makin' several hundereds of copies... Next better next time.....

Two things... One: They made one copy of several hundred pages Two: Next better next time?

Maybe you should "palgerize" a dictionary. This way you can learn the correct spelling AND definition of plagiarize, since you were way off with both.

No, he's write 49, op signed every page as his own.

Never mind the trees, they will grow back. My question is why didn't the school administration inform the students like you that that book would be reimbursed?